The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Traders Corner > Group Buys
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: *inactive* W8 Speedtuning Chip Group Buy ROUND 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

*inactive* W8 Speedtuning Chip Group Buy ROUND 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Admin
Admin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *inactive* W8 Speedtuning Chip Group Buy ROUND 3
    Posted: 09-Apr-2013 at 04:33
Originally posted by firstcarwasworththew

his excuse is he works on only american cars. I need a local mechanic who knows the ins and outs because I intend on going all out with this car performance wise (rear mounted turbo, modified superchargers, if it has been done before me, i intend on doing the same)while keeping the stock look.

Before talking about turboing and supercharging a W8, lets start with just figuring out what the ECU does and how to remove that.
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Apr-2013 at 04:44
hi..has chipping improved fuel economy ?

thx
firstcarwasworththew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote firstcarwasworththew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2013 at 09:33
and are there stock and 93 modes or whatever performance modes and if there are modes how can i personally adjust them
VICTIMS:
corvette√     turbo scion tc √
mustang gt√    new 5.0 mustang √
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2013 at 16:53
No, it's tuned for 93, but if you run 91, it'll adjust for it (kind of just like your car does stock).
Groupie
Groupie

Quote firstcarwasworththew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2013 at 05:20
ehh i can do an extra 15 cents for 93 gas. Is there a difference in performance if i use 91 or 93? cus i thought i heard that to get best performance out of the new ecu is to run 93 octane gas and get an improved air intake unit or cold air intake which i still cannot find.
VICTIMS:
Groupie
Groupie

Quote firstcarwasworththew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2013 at 08:09
back to the topic though, when will the next round for the group buy be?
VICTIMS:
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2013 at 14:28

ehh i can do an extra 15 cents for 93 gas. Is there a difference in performance if i use 91 or 93? cus i thought i heard that to get best performance out of the new ecu is to run 93 octane gas and get an improved air intake unit or cold air intake which i still cannot find.

A slight difference, yes. You might as well get it because he doesn't charge anymore. And there is no cold air intake kit for a b5.5 passat, no where to put it.

back to the topic though, when will the next round for the group buy be?

Probably not for a while. After 3 rounds of group buys, I'm not sure there's many W8s left that would want tunes, lol. Could email speedtuning and see if he'd give you the group buy price still since it just got over.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote firstcarwasworththew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Apr-2013 at 17:39
well last night i look at active users and there were over 30 un registered members nd i saw a few trying to register and a few of them in the new w8 owner topic. I feel if registration was re opened there are still a bunch of w8 drivers out there just w8ing to join this group. (pun intended)

and as for the cai. I thought some people on here ran with that intake somehow
VICTIMS:
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2013 at 01:51
There are intakes, just no cold air intakes. There is literally no room to run an entire intake and filter down to where a cold air intake would go. And where are you seeing 30 unregistered members?
Groupie
Groupie

Quote firstcarwasworththew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2013 at 09:20
not unregistered. just "active users" who are looking at the suspended registration page but i see a new thread where they can post to become registered members. a few are registering now lol. i went through hell to get registered when it was suspended.

Edited by firstcarwasworththew - 16-Apr-2013 at 09:24
VICTIMS:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>