The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Traders Corner > Group Buys
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: *inactive* W8 Speedtuning Chip Group Buy ROUND 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

*inactive* W8 Speedtuning Chip Group Buy ROUND 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DSutherland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *inactive* W8 Speedtuning Chip Group Buy ROUND 3
    Posted: 05-Feb-2013 at 02:30
::::UPDATED 2013-03-13::::

Oliver received his 10 payments! Everyone that payed me through PayPal, you are good to go! Everyone else can go ahead and send your payments in.

Hello fello W8 drivers.

I spoke with the good men over at Speed Tuning USA regarding a group buy and they are willing to offer us the same great discount they offered everyone in this group twice before.

I'm lazy so I'll copy, paste and modify certain details from the original threads:

So the scoop is as long as we get at least of 10 people committed and paid, he will discount the chip (as listed on the web site) from USD$299 all the way down to USD$150!

He (Oliver) can chip your ECU two ways:

Option 1) You can mail your ECU to him for the flash and he will overnight it back to you, or

Option 2) He will ship you a flash kit for self install, this would require a $500 deposit which is fully refundable.

Oliver has also offered to allow V6 & 1.8T owners to join in on this group buy. They would pay slightly less than us at $125 a pop.
For the group buy they ask that we pre-pay by check, money order or cash. I am not 100% why they wouldn't offer PayPal on this method but I'll see if they are willing to do so.

UPDATE - no CC or PayPal accepted in group buys. This is a direct quote from Oliver "Sorry, no cc or paypal, you are new to group buys, they have their own dynamics, I am talking out of experience…". With that said, for these kind of savings I'm still fine with a money order.

There have been plenty of members in this group who have flashed their W8's with these guys and the positive response is really great.

There are claims that this upgrade can get your W8 up to 296hp from 270hp - for just $150 that's pretty awesome.

For those interested you can reply to this forum or email me your details (as well as your account name on here to avoid confusion) to media[at]retouchcanada[dot]com.

So far here are the parties interested, I'll update the status of each member as it progresses:

1. DSutherland - W8 Owner - w8forum - Paid!
2. long_w8 W8 - Owner - w8forum - Paid!
3. srdavis872 - W8 Owner - w8forum - Paid!
4. isukennedy - W8 Owner - w8forum - Backed out
5. goofy - W8 Owner - w8forum - Paid!
6. marcluv - 1.8T Owner - Passatworld - Details confirmed, Payment Pending
7. 02passatw8 - W8 Owner - w8forum - Details confirmed, Payment Pending
8. Hdale85 - V6 Owner - VWVortex - Details confirmed, Payment Pending
9. mk3vr6dj - 1.8T Owner - VWVortex - Paid!
10. tpederson - W8 Owner - w8forum - Paid!
11. DBKitt - W8 Owner - w8forum - Paid!
12. Waggn_vdub - V6 Owner - Passatworld - Paid!
13. Stinkytevas - 1.8T Owner - Passatworld - Details confirmed, Payment Pending
14. dublax44 - V6 Owner - VWVortex - Details confirmed, Payment Pending
15. Tibbar - 1.8T Owner - Passatworld - Paid!
16. artiemac - V6 Owner - VWVortex - Paid!
17. daunborn1 - 1.8T Owner - VWVortex - Paid!
------------------------Awaiting Confirmation-------------------------
18. DK_Min - Audi 1.8T - VWVortex - Details Pending
19. BlakPassat - V6 Owner - Passatworld - only expressed interest at this point
20. fookie - 1.8T Owner - VWVortex - Found a used pre-tuned ECU on ebay, opted out
21. trbodubn - car unknown - VWVotex - only expressed interest at this point

Here's the old group buy threads:
Group Buy 1
Group Buy 2

About the company:

Website

W8 Dyno Graph

This company has been around longer than APR.

1996: Foundation of the company SpeedTuning® in Austria since 1998: Homebase Linz, Austria annual car show (i.e. Design Center Linz)

1999: Main distributor for SpeedBuster®/Germany for Austria.

2001: Foundation of SpeedTuning® USA, Spencerville, MD.

Edited by srdavis872 - 16-Apr-2013 at 14:36
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2013 at 03:40
Emailed ya. I'm so in on this, just want details on how payment will work and how the deposit for the flash tuner would work with this.
isukennedy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote isukennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2013 at 04:05
I'm in... for the 3rd post :)

Anyone willing to take paypal and do a group buy of a money order? so much easier.
DSutherland View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DSutherland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2013 at 04:08
Sounds great! I'll make a spreadsheet with all the details. This post is only a couple hours in and we are already halfway there!

Regarding PayPal, I do all of my business transactions through PayPal so if anyone would like to do the method suggested by isukennedy I am happy to arrange it so long as Oliver is fine with this method.
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2013 at 04:11
I'd go that route. I'd really like to be able to get the flash kit sent to me, but if that's not at all possible, I can probably be without a car for a couple days.
isukennedy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote isukennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2013 at 04:19
Ditto on the flash kit. I could maybe make it work, but it would be tough.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DSutherland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2013 at 04:26
I am in the same boat with the flash kit. I'm thinking I'll probably just replace the broken clutch cable on my 77' KZ 650, send the ECU in and ride my bike until I get it back.
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DSutherland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Feb-2013 at 04:44
Okay guys so I sent the below information from an old thread to Oliver and he said that is how he want's it to work.

For those of you who are are interested in making the transaction process easier I am willing to collect money through PayPal and send him a lump sum via a money order. I've started tracking everything in a spreadsheet and will start collecting information within the next day or two. Keep in mind I will not collect anyone's money until we have 10 people pledged to go in on this.
For those who will be ordering the self flashing kit I won't be handling your deposit because as far as I know they accept PayPal for that portion only - I will get clarification from Oliver in my next email with him.

UPDATE

I heard back from Oliver regarding payment options as well as how we will handle the deposit for the self flash kit.
So to start, he will accommodate one lump sum which is going to make this a very seamless transaction for the whole group if everyone chooses to go that route (keep in mind you're not forced to but let me know if you are going to use a different method so I can document everything for Oliver).
Secondly, for those who are going to have the flashing kit sent to them it will function the same as the last time - you deal directly with him for the deposit using PayPal.
So with that said for those who prefer to go with the lump sum option as well as the flash kit we have the ability to do everything through PayPal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INFO FROM PREVIOUS THREAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please read the following information very closely and become familiar with it! (Please? )

I think we are about ready to send out payments to Oliver. The entire list of GB participant funds do not need to be collected before reprogramming sent-in ECU's or self-flash kits will be shipped out; he only needs to have 10 GB payments received in his hot little hand BEFORE reprogramming or flash kits will be sent out.

So, the sooner as he has these 10 payments, the sooner you will get you product!

Payment Method for this Group Buy:

-The only, I repeat ONLY, way to pay for this GB product is with a money order (US Post Office, preferably) sent directly to:

SpeedTuningUSA
ATTN: Oliver
2203 Spencerville Road
Spencerville, MD 20868
USA

On this money order (or on a note card attached to the MO) please LIST the following information:

-Your Name
-Your Address
-Your Phone Number
-Your Vehicle Description (example- 2001 B5 1.8t TIP, 1976 B210 Datsun, etc.)
-Forum (PW or W8Forum)
-Forum Member Name
-Email Address

Oliver will confirm that you are part of the Group Buy by an Excel spreadsheet I am creating for him with the information I have requested from you.
Again, please fill in all pertinent information I have requested of you via the "Info needed, please" PM.

For this Group Buy, Oliver WILL NOT accept credit card payments over the phone, credit card payments through the SpeedTuningUSA web site, or PayPal.
Again, these rules are specific to our Group Buy. I feel he is not asking too much of us, here. ;)

*Please DO NOT ship your ECU to Oliver (if you are planning to ship) with your payment until I notify everyone here that he has received the minimum 10 payments.
If you do mail your ECU with your payment, he will not reprogram it UNTIL 10 payments are received (in his hot little hand.) So, if you mail your payment and ECU to him tomorrow, and it takes a week for him to receive 10 of our payments, you will be without your ECU for over a week plus the time it takes to ship back to you.

As soon as he has 10 payments, I will notify everyone here in the Group by thread and by PM.

Orders will be filled chronologically starting with #1 on the list. Naturally, if only a few people are shipping their ECU's to him, you may receive your ECU back very quickly. Oliver estimates it will take roughly one hour to flash each ECU he receives (this is generous).

If you are planning to drive your vehicle to his shop, please arrange for an appointment.

Deposit for Flashing Kit:

For those of us planning on flashing our ECU's ouselves, Oliver will ship out to you the necessary equipment to do so. Most equipment will be in the form of a self loading OBD II module. Some equipment, depending on the year and ECU code, may require the use of a computer/laptop. I will find out more about this when I e-mail him the Excel spreadsheet. ;)

The deposit amount for use of his flashing kit is USD $500 . This will need to be sent to him through PayPal. You do not have to send this money right now.
This deposit IS FULLY REFUNDABLE WHEN THE FLASH KIT IS RETURNED AND FOUND TO BE INTACT.

PayPal is used because it is easy to send money and easy to receive a refund without fees. ($500 is the max mount you can send without fees! :))
Apparently, he used to require twice this amount!

Shipping:

If you elect to ship your ECU to Oliver for him to flash, you are responsible to pay for shipping costs there and back. This is how it works with or without a Group Buy discount. It is your choice how you get the ECU to his shop, but Oliver will send back you ECU through the US postal service's over-night mail. He is requires $20 to cover this cost to ship, per ECU received, from this Group Buy, in his shop to flash. This is insured shipping.

Pricing:

This Group Buy has allowed us to purchase SpeedTuningUSA soft-ware at a 50% discount.

-List price for W8 software - $299
-Our Group Buy price for W8 software - $150
(+$20 ECU return shipping.)

-List price for V6 or 1.8t software - $249
-Our Group Buy price for V6 or 1.8t software - $125
(+$20 ECU return shipping.)

Again, please note that 10 payments (either W8 or V6 or 1.8t) must be received by Oliver before ECU's for this Group Buy will be flashed or software will be sent out.

So start sending your payments out to him now!

When you do send in your payment, please shoot me a PM or post it up here in the thread. It will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by DSutherland - 05-Feb-2013 at 19:13
Groupie
Groupie

Quote DSutherland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2013 at 03:04
Does anyone have a Passatworld account? I tried opening one but apparently you need to be a member for at least 3 months in order to post information regarding a group buy. I already have a post going on vwvortex.com and it looks like 1 fellow is interested from there so far.
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Feb-2013 at 07:11
I shall try and post on there.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/54-group-buys/354580-ecu-flash-speed-tuning-usa-w8-1-8t-v6.html

Let me know if you want anything on there changed.

Edited by srdavis872 - 06-Feb-2013 at 07:22
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>