Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Tennessee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tennessee
    Posted: 22-May-2007 at 06:54
Tennessee's not listed in the forum descriptions... thought it would fit here. I'm in Knoxville.

Had a '99 GLX for a couple months when someone hit me, it did so well I was set on another Passat.
It's a 2003, black on black with Tip, got it with 45,000 miles. It's supposed to be my "practical" car to replace my aging Bronco that I spend more time working on than driving I walk to work but I like road trips and driving when the traffic is at home.

Fontana Dam - the roads around the dam are pretty fun.

Mods so far are an ipod adapter, 35% tint, smoked bumper markers, a sunglass holder, a custom front plate, and a FUNK switch - doesn't control anything yet, just lights up .

Edited by rustybronco - 02-Jul-2008 at 04:14
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2008 at 22:08
more picture, just b/c..

I'm really looking forward to finishing grad school and getting my own garage so I don't have to change my oil in the commuter parking garage any more... hehe
(I've done this twice now)

My prized possessions (excluding the rusting bronco of course)

My roommate James Clerk Maxwell (Max) - found him at the laundromat

My girlfriend, her dog Cookie, and myself at Harpers Ferry. Cookies too old to do much walking any more, so she hitches a ride.

Edited by rustybronco - 02-Jul-2008 at 04:11
___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2008 at 00:36
Originally posted by rustybronco

more picture, just b/c..

I'm really looking forward to finishing grad school and getting my own garage so I don't have to change my oil in the commuter parking garage any more... hehe
(I've done this twice now)

That....is.......AWWWWESOME!    

Literally made me laff out loud! Hee, hee....

What a great idea. You officially have the MOST sq. ft. at your disposal. I vote for a "Tennessee Garage Day" sponsored by rustybronco!    

Edited by ___/ __/ _/ - 03-Jul-2008 at 06:37
"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2008 at 07:32
haha Thanks Glad you got a kick out of it.
I've worried a little that someone will want to know what I'm doing, but no one's really been around. Last time there was a facilities truck up there when I showed up - thought they would question me, but they took off in a hurry (I think they were sleeping on the job, hehe).

A W8 garage day would be would be a lot of fun - too bad we are all so spread out

Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2009 at 14:27
It was sunny out so I took advantage and finally got some obligatory sun sphere pictures (that are "required" for any dub in Knoxville). Just FYI, the Sunsphere was built for the 1982 worlds fair. The only other memorable aspect of the fair is supposedly that is also were Bud Light was introduced.

Edited by rustybronco - 01-Feb-2009 at 19:59
jennbugbuttercup View Drop Down

Quote jennbugbuttercup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2010 at 02:56
just to let you kno we are in spokane, wa now but will be in gadsden, al asap my dad went to UT knox. my grandma aunts and uncles live in ga/tenn area
what if the hokey pokey really is what it is all about
 Post Reply Post Reply