Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

STS Twin Turbo Kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote DSutherland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STS Twin Turbo Kit
    Posted: 14-Aug-2013 at 20:08
Yep, you read that right. I've been speaking with Ben at STS Turbo regarding a bolt on twin turbo kit for our beloved W8's. He says if there's enough interest they would explore the idea of engineering a kit! (In STS's language "interest" is shown by a $$ commitment). The price would be affected by the amount of people that want a kit so the higher the number the lower the price.

Right now I am just putting the word out to see if anyone is interested in this idea. At this point money is not a worry, just let me know if this is something you might be interested in so that I can give him a number of "maybe's", "yes, but not right now due to money", "I definitely want in, money is no problem", etc.
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Aug-2013 at 06:48
It would be cool but I definitely dont have the money for something like that. Maybe it a few years, but who knows.
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Sep-2013 at 03:05
The only guy who did a twin remote turbo mount didn't seem to end up with that impressive of results.

Color me skeptical.

Intrigued, but skeptical.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Sep-2013 at 22:43
I though he said it was running fine?
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Sep-2013 at 00:42
Sure, seems to be running fine, I just don't think it's making any more power. His shift times seem the same or at least very close to the same as stock, which in my brain would indicate that he isn't raking in the horsepower that you would want from that much $$.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2014 at 06:23
Any info on this?

http://www.youtube.com/user/vdubnluvn?feature=watch
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2014 at 15:11
Originally posted by Superman

Any info on this?

http://www.youtube.com/user/vdubnluvn?feature=watch

Search on here, VWVortex and Passat World, there's builds and info on all 3. Custom rear mount twin turbo. Guy just sold it a few months ago. It was an automatic. Don't think he ever dyno'ed it.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2014 at 16:44
Oh, it's 'that' car, yeah I'm familiar with it. I'd never seen those videos before I thought it was a differ car.
Anthenium View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Anthenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Feb-2014 at 19:07
Maybe!
Cheers!
Tony in Columbus
02 W8 Passat Wagon
05 Chrysler Crossfire
08 Toyota Prius
99 Honda Valkyrie
 Post Reply Post Reply