Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - South
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana
    Posted: 25-Nov-2014 at 10:09
Originally posted by Superman

I scored some W8 lapel pins off of eBay Germany.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/560207_1501045316850775_7605101228630599758_n.jpg

I got my lapel pins today, they are very nice. Now all I need is a dinner that calls for a suit and a reason to wear a W8 lapel pin.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2014 at 12:10
Look what I found!! I'm very excited. This is a less than $150 tool instead of that $700 KLANN tool from VW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELRccqsXQrc
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2014 at 15:06
You still haven't fixed this? Just let them use an air hammer! You don't need some fancy $150 thing, just the air hammer.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2014 at 15:20
No, not yet. I am going to do it myself, the way you told me to do it and I'll have to do it in my back yard. I was still trying to figure out why the car wouldn't shift that day and had everything on hold in case I had to get the transmission taken out but it hasn't messed up since so I'll move on.

I got a TENS unit and some pain killers from the VA, so I am ready to do this job myself even if it hurts but I'll probably have to do one strut a day.

Regardless, I still want that special tool because one day I want the adjustable upper links to get more negative camber in the front on track days.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2014 at 15:21
...oh and yeah, I added an air compressor and air hammer to my tool collection, so I now feel confident that I can do it myself.
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2014 at 16:22
If you get it out once, you shouldn't need the tool again. As long as your put some nickel anti seize on there and perhaps check them once a year or so. They say because of the two different metals to use nickel instead of copper as the copper will actually promote corrosion, which is why they get stuck in there in the first place.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2014 at 04:28
Hey Sean, when I install the ST units, do I want to use the dust covers from the stock struts?
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2014 at 03:54
I think so. Unless they come with their own. I did use my stop bump stops instead of the ST ones, but I trimmed the stock ones down quite a bit.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2015 at 16:48
Originally posted by Superman

My strut spring compressor tool comes in today and I'll have everything to lower my car FINALLY. I also bought an air compressor, air tools and an air hammer. The car had been to the dealer four times for this job. I guess it shows, as it's said, that if you want something done you gotta #$@%in' do it yourself!
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2015 at 03:41
As I've said before... you don't have to take that long pinch bolt out to do the suspension... I would avoid doing it unless you have another reason to.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 22>