Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - South
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Y'all from S.W. Louisiana
    Posted: 13-Oct-2013 at 06:55
I'm a new W8 owner and I love it! It's hard to find these kind of cars down here so I had to fly to Iowa and drive it 1,353 miles back home. It is a one owner car with a clean Car Fax and 75,258 original miles. It has never been wreaked and had all the service records. The asking price was $9,875 but I got it for $7,000 after getting a break for my travel expenses.

The car is perfect other than the fuel gauge doesn't work. I had a very fun drive back and this is my first AWD car and it's great. It is a W8 Sport which means that it is a 6 speed and has the 17" wheels. I plan to put 19x9.5" Miro 111 wheels and an ST coil-over kit (thanks sdavis!). I also plan to put on a full Votex ground effects body kit as soon as I can find one. Lastly, a double DIN touch screen CD/DVD with reverse camera.

Edited by Superman - 13-Jan-2017 at 12:50
jaklakmak View Drop Down

Quote jaklakmak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2013 at 18:10
Nice ride and at a steal! Welcome to the addiction!!!
W8-JHOLE
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Oct-2013 at 23:27
nice :)
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Oct-2013 at 16:25
It's a very nice car, and you certainly got a great deal on it. Now, be a good W8 owner and make SURE you stay on top of the oil changes. The Achilles' heel of these cars are the hydraulic cam adjusters, which get gummed up when the oil isn't changed frequently enough or the wrong grade and/or brand is used.

You'll want to dig around in the archives on this forum, but in general you're looking at synthetic 0W40 or 5W40, changed religiously every 5,000 miles.

Also, my wheels looked exactly like yours when I bought my W8 and I had them redone like this:

'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2013 at 04:23
Well, my first modification was to remove the rear center head rest and punt it about 30 yards.
logan View Drop Down

Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Nov-2013 at 05:46
bwaahahahahahah... i took all mine out in my last w8 .. this one i just use the side morrors as the shade is alwayse up and the tint is 5% lol ... get the tinted blue side morrors with the blind spot thingy built in
poop
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Dec-2013 at 05:52
Not much of an update, got the windows tinted. Legal, for now.

Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Dec-2013 at 04:00
Tires came in today, Nitto 235/35ZR19 91W, W-I-D-E and low.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 00:59
I've got the wheels, tires and brakes. I'm just waiting for the ST coil-overs to come in from Germany.

Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2013 at 04:14
Lookie...
Lookie...
I got a cookie...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 22>