Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Exterior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

The Mysterious Missing Headlight Washers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Mysterious Missing Headlight Washers
    Posted: 25-Nov-2013 at 16:10
Thank you! I hope to have this sorted by then, but if not, I'd be delighted to see your photos.
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Nov-2013 at 09:47
I'm not sure how much this will help but I came across this picture.

Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2013 at 17:26
I found this photo at a sale posted on Passat World. I'm thinking since the seller parted out the car he should know how the washers work.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/105-parts-sale/353913-fs-truckload-used-passat-parts-sale.html

long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Dec-2013 at 15:53
Hey all, I now have a solution for my front bumper cover. As I mentioned before, the one on the car when I bought it was missing the doors for the headlight washers. In the end, I was able to locate a good used bumper cover at a junkyard in Wisconsin. So, after a long road trip, I now have this lovely replacement cover, which is the proper one for the car...apart from being the wrong color.

I'll have this on the car soon and then the car is off to the body shop to have the bumper painted along with a few other small jobs, such as a repaint of the hood (stone chips) and repair of a couple of nasty door dings that I bought along with the car. So, in the end the headlight washers will be 100% functional and the car will be as close to perfect as I can get it!

Also, since I asked for a photo of the door mechanism, I figured I'd fulfill my own request. Here's a close-up of the door mechanism, for the reference of some future W8 owner.

[/IMG]
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Dec-2013 at 01:49
Thanks for the update. I guess they'll have to pull my bumper to fix mine.
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2013 at 18:40
I got the car back from the body shop a few days ago. It was snowing like mad at the time, so I really only have a couple of cell phone photos I took inside their garage before I pulled out into the snow and made a mess on their nice, shiny paintwork.

Here's the best one I have of the bumper cover, now with W8-correct headlight washer doors!

BTW I also had the hood, two doors and the left-rear quarter painted to address various stone chips, door dings and whatnot. The car looks fantastic and I can't wait for a decent day to get some photos!

Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2013 at 19:51
Your efforts have paid off. I look forward to the pictures too.
dmcdmc View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote dmcdmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jan-2014 at 01:10
$800 thats crazy. I ordered a US spec bumper here in the UK and that was probably only $500. Good work to do it yourself
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12