Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Question of to badge or not to badge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Rokusek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question of to badge or not to badge
    Posted: 28-Feb-2014 at 16:42
I have a custom fitted suede dash mat, Have plans on getting W8 4motion embroidered on it sometime soon. I think added extra badges like the OEM ones on the trunk would look funny and out of place.

-PJ
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Feb-2014 at 17:05
Should probably stop shopping at auto zone for 4x4 and V8 badges, especially since our cars are neither.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2014 at 04:34
Originally posted by srdavis872

Should probably stop shopping at auto zone for 4x4 and V8 badges, especially since our cars are neither.

This.

Usually the VW community are all about debadging, not adding more. But it's your car man. Whatever flips your cookie.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2014 at 07:17
Come on, y'all, it was a joke!
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Mar-2014 at 17:40
Badges are no joke, y'all.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Nov-2014 at 01:43
Originally posted by Superman

I like how my Jetta has the "16V" emblem on the dash. I've been thinking of adding a "W8" to my dash. Does this sound bogus?
I have made up my mind to go ahead and add the emblem. I'm not sure which one I'll use yet (grill, trunk or from the owner's manual). I'll post some pictures when I stick it on.....and if it looks like crap I'll just take it off.
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2014 at 16:43
When I replaced my front grille with a blacked-out one, I moved the W8 badge over. I personally like the badges since it identifies the unique character of the car. I get the whole de-badged thing, but it's not to my taste.
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2014 at 10:14
Done some lookin' and it seems the front grill badge would be best. Does anyone know if the chrome "W8" part will remove from the black backing/mount of the grill badge?
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2014 at 16:58
Well, at one point the parts began to separate on mine and I had to epoxy them back together. So, they will come apart but the key is getting the OEM adhesive to fail somehow. ;-)
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Aug-2015 at 19:00
I looked at a lot of emblems, all OEM VW, including the fender emblem of the 2015 Passat Sport but in the end due to shape and size, I went with the exterior emblem of the "Sport Edition" from the Transporter (Van). It fits on the dash perfect and I think it really looks good. I'll post a picture in the day or two.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>