The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Do It Yourself Guides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

rebuild your key

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rebuild your key
    Posted: 31-Oct-2013 at 09:24
The pictures are self-explanatory, if you have any questions just ask. I got all the parts from eBay for a bit under $12.

Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2013 at 02:52
I am still disappointed in the range even after a new battery. I have to be within 3 to 4 car lengths with absolutely no obstacles for the remote to work. Does everybody have this range with their remote or just me?
logan View Drop Down

Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2013 at 04:52
thats normal .. ieeds a beter antenna .. go far away to where it wont work .. then hold it to your chin and click it .. then go WOAH DID THAT JUST WORK :)

poop
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Nov-2013 at 16:44
Thanks for the write-up!
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2013 at 02:09
Originally posted by logan

thats normal .. it needs a better antenna .. go far away to where it wont work .. then hold it to your chin and click it .. then go WOAH DID THAT JUST WORK :)

Well, you're right, I felt kind of goofy going around with the remote on my chin but it does add more range.
logan View Drop Down

Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Nov-2013 at 23:04
lol .... you can unlock a car via cell phone doing the same .. go lock a car .. then go drive far away .. have clicker with you ... have other half with cell call you and ask you to unlock the car.. have her hold phone realy close to car .. then tack clicker and press it to the microphone of the cell you have and click it a few times... i have done that once lol .. it does not work all the time but it has a few times lol
poop
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Nov-2013 at 02:21
Now that does sound strange but then again giving some girl access to my car is more strange.
logan View Drop Down

Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2013 at 04:19
bwaahhahahhaa i gave mine access to this

poop
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2013 at 13:53
What's that white stuff?
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Nov-2013 at 16:26
The white stuff is at least half of the reason I bought my W8 in the first place! Sure, the car's fun on dry pavement, but it's real purpose in life is to shred the snow and ice in a Midwestern winter while keeping me warm, dry and comfortable.   
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>