The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum Lockedmy W8 TIP to 2.7t 01E conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my W8 TIP to 2.7t 01E conversion
    Posted: 07-Dec-2013 at 18:33
What are the specs of that engine?
vwb5t View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote vwb5t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2013 at 03:19
engine is a stock 2.7t about 90k miles on it now, it will be running testpipe downpipes, 3 inch exhaust, tune, water/meth, and a FMIC for now. plan is to upgrade it to a single turbo setup next winter

i bought it with 85k on it did a full service and timing belt on it had it in a FWD passat but it was way too much of a handfull thats why i bought the 4-motion i want to get the power to the ground.
vwb5t View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote vwb5t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2013 at 03:23
Originally posted by srdavis872

Oh that makes sense, forgot it was going from TIP or 6 speed. I really hope to do this someday, not with my W8 but with some other Passat. Really looking forward to seeing this run and how easy/hard it is.

if this w8 engine wasnt destroyed i proabaly would have just swapped in the 6 speed and drove the car till the engine went, kinda felt a little bad pulling the heart out of the w8 but its hard to justify the cost of another engine when i had all the parts already for the 2.7t swap all i cost me was a different engine harness and ECU flash since this is a 2004 and my old setup was a 2000.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2013 at 14:39
Originally posted by Superman

What are the specs of that engine?

This is what I found, assuming it is correct (from an unverified source).

http://www.zeperfs.com/en/fiche408-audi-a6-2-7t-quattro-tiptronic-c5.htm

247 hp and 258 torque
MRAJB View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote MRAJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Dec-2013 at 15:22
I could use the W8 plastic shroud that goes under the front of the car, if its for-sale.
Looking to buy a W8 Wagon 6-Speed to haul grocceries...And I finally found one on 2-16-2008
GS535i View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GS535i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 01:00
subscribed to your thread! ..... great conversion project.

I replaced a dead W8 ( and torque converter)two years ago    W8 engine swap, etc, and that was enough challenge for me - had thought of swapping to a 2.7, or even a 3.6, but that left far too many unknowns.
Which engine harness did you use, assuming that it was not the original with a 2000 2.7TT? - a 2004 2.7 Audi harness? Also, when it fires up, I'll be interested in your comments of how the dash instruments respond, and if the CCM communicates with the new wiring/ECU.

Well done ...
03 Variant W8 silver on black TIP
00 Variant white 1.8T 5sp
96 993 C4S midnight blue/cashmere
90 535i blk/blk 5sp
928 5sp
vwb5t View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote vwb5t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 01:14
I'm using a 2004 allraod 2.7t ECU and engine harness, im interested to see what happens as well when its fired. im hoping most things will work correctly on the cluster since the W8 uses an ME7.1.1 ecu and the 2004 2.7t uses ME7.1.1 as well so communitation wise they are the same its the CANBUS interactions that im no 100% sure on.

I have been going over wiring diagrams, ECU pinouts, CANBUS control, for months prior to starting this project. when I got the car it sat for about 6 months while I was searching and closing on a new house so I had lots of time to try and figure it all out.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 01:28
What is a CCM?

@ vwb5t, I've got the W8 Bentley books if you need any diagrams.
vwb5t View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote vwb5t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 01:57
Originally posted by MRAJB

I could use the W8 plastic shroud that goes under the front of the car, if its for-sale.

It didnt come with that, it came with a thor skid plate on it instead which im keeping.
vwb5t View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote vwb5t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Dec-2013 at 01:59
Originally posted by Superman

What is a CCM?

@ vwb5t, I've got the W8 Bentley books if you need any diagrams.

Central convenience module, the brains of everything in the car beside the engine control.

i actually have a couple bentely manuals, been pouring over them for sometime making notes and copies of pages for all the wiring that i have cross referenced incase i ever need to trouble shoot the engine swap.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>