The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Level 10 custom Torque convertor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Anthenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Level 10 custom Torque convertor
    Posted: 16-Dec-2013 at 17:12
I'm starting to get the P0741 error code when I drive long distance on the freeway. It usually clears itself, but I have to believe that I will eventually need to deal with this. It's been going on for 10K+ miles, and other than the CEL coming on once in a while I don't notice anything out of the ordinary.

I have heard of a recomended replacement unit, the Level 10 Torque COnverter. Does anyone have any info on this item, and whther it is the way to go or not?
Cheers!
Tony in Columbus
02 W8 Passat Wagon
05 Chrysler Crossfire
08 Toyota Prius
99 Honda Valkyrie
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Dec-2013 at 03:33
User 'yesimalex' on here had a Level 10 rebuild. Can't find the exact thread for it but a lot of the info can be found here: http://www.w8forum.dk/forum_posts.asp?TID=1557&PN=1&title=my-running-tally
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
Anthenium View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Anthenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2014 at 21:51
Thanks! I went through the thread and just placed my order with Level 10.
Cheers!
Tony in Columbus
02 W8 Passat Wagon
05 Chrysler Crossfire
08 Toyota Prius
99 Honda Valkyrie
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2014 at 16:18
Yeah that was, 80,000 miles ago and still haven't had an issue with it. Latest run in with trouble was a bad battery causing all sorts of chaos.

Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
Anthenium View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Anthenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jan-2014 at 20:42
Most Cool! So, you've gone Turbo and no issues with the TC! That's reassuring. I found a VW Tuner shop an hour away that will pop this in for around $750. He's done several before, and is highly recomended. I'll post his shop's info once this is fnished.
Cheers!
Tony in Columbus
02 W8 Passat Wagon
05 Chrysler Crossfire
08 Toyota Prius
99 Honda Valkyrie
yesimalex View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote yesimalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Jan-2014 at 20:14
HAHAHA no I'm not turbo, I was just pointing out that there are no TURBO W8's. Well there weren't any when I did that, there is one bi-turbo now but I doubt it actually improved performance any. We never did hear any numbers from the guy and now he sold it off.
Dual Magnaflows and Level 10 bullet proof TC
Turbo DIY
You just got burnt by a wagon
with two car seats in the back....
Anthenium View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Anthenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Jan-2014 at 07:55
I have the TC, and I'm scheduled to have it installed next week. I can feel the unit slipping with the Cruise Control on going down the Looong Stretches between Corn Fields. It's Time!!!
Cheers!
Tony in Columbus
02 W8 Passat Wagon
05 Chrysler Crossfire
08 Toyota Prius
99 Honda Valkyrie
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Jan-2014 at 19:28
Originally posted by Anthenium

I have the TC, and I'm scheduled to have it installed next week. I can feel the unit slipping with the Cruise Control on going down the Looong Stretches between Corn Fields. It's Time!!!

I was always curious about what the TC starts doing once it starts failing. Does it feel like the trans is slipping or what? I just want to know what I need to look out for...lol.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
mpreadw8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mpreadw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2014 at 03:14
When mine went out at around 60K it was just like the TC was stuck open. You'd be giving her gas going up a hill and the RPM's would keep climbing and the car would keep the same speed or just start slowing down.
Anthenium View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Anthenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jan-2014 at 18:35
Exactly! I went from 2,000 RPM to 4,000 RPM / 60 MPH to 62 MPH...
Cheers!
Tony in Columbus
02 W8 Passat Wagon
05 Chrysler Crossfire
08 Toyota Prius
99 Honda Valkyrie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>