The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum Locked2003 Passat "Sport Package"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2003 Passat "Sport Package"
    Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 17:16
Originally posted by logan

it was just the rims and a rear sway bar was 1 or 2 mm thicher that is all .... use the search button this has been talked about for ever and also people have taken the cars apart and have taken measurments .. i have owned one of each and there was a slight difference in handling but not much ...

And shocks... look up in a parts catalogue or ECS, there's shocks for BDP engines (W8s) then there's shocks for W8s with sport package.

W8: 3B0413031Q
W8 Sport: 3B0413031R

Rear sway is 2mm thicker (17mm as opposed to standard W8s which are 15mm).

This can all be found by comparing parts on ECS tuning.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 17:37
I will admit that I have not driven a manual for any decent amount of time but I feel that shiftable automatics give you the best of both worlds. You can "manually" shift when you want but then have a regular automatic when you don't need to thrash your car, i.e. the traffic that I sit in everyday.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 18:04
Originally posted by KenBIII

I will admit that I have not driven a manual for any decent amount of time but I feel that shiftable automatics give you the best of both worlds. You can "manually" shift when you want but then have a regular automatic when you don't need to thrash your car, i.e. the traffic that I sit in everyday.

Until the torque converter goes out which is a common problem with auto W8s.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 18:09
True. Thats why I have an extended warranty on my car. I am so happy the tourque converter went before my car got inspected so now the dealership has to pay to replace it.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
swalker13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote swalker13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2014 at 03:03
I was just gonna say what Sean said. I made sure I got a manual because of the torque converters and plus, like superman said, driving stick is just simply more fun haha
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2014 at 20:59
I used to own a sport package W8 variant with an automatic trans. So, I know first-hand that they exist. :-)
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12