The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Do It Yourself Guides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum Lockedhelp!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Double R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help!
    Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 01:06
i have a 2003 AutOpen w8 97k it runs great it looks great but my check engine light is on and it shakes at idle but the idle it self stays perfect is more like my car rumbles but only in park once i put in drive everything is normal i got the codes read and i got p0020 (camshaft actuator,fualty connection)and another pointing at secondary air flow bad conection....i will like to ad that when i bought the car it was missing the plastic cover to the cabin,battery,computer and my computer was swimming in a puddle of water along with the relays that sit up there,what you think i should do as i dont have the kind of funds to see the dealer and i have no warranty,im willing to attack jobs my self and i have a bmw tech that is very good friend of mine to help
Double R View Drop Down

Quote Double R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 01:08
Sorry for misspell im on my cell at work and worried about my beautiful w8 (
Goofy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Goofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 01:29
Ruh Roh!! Take a look at the links in this thread.. Hopefully it'll be something else. Good luck.
Double R View Drop Down

Quote Double R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 02:29
Thanks,i think i may need it!,i hope is something simple,i did an oil change nd oil filter i did it with 0w40 castrol synthetic and it runs a lot better still shakes(in park only) but runs like a champ
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 02:38
Originally posted by Double R

i dont have the kind of funds to see the dealer and i have no warranty

When I got my car I took it to the dealer for an oil change ($100) and they checked over the entire car for free. It didn't cost me anything to get an estimate on what was needed for it.
Double R View Drop Down

Quote Double R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 10:44
Doing an oil change with the dealer is cheaper then doing it my self?i spent 108.00 us ,oil+filter and a temp sensor
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 11:10
Yeah, and they have a lift and the proper disposal for the used oil and they gave me a 10% discount coupon if I get my car serviced there. I assume it would be this way at all dealers. The dealer labor rate is only like $10 more than any other shop and to me that extra $10 is worth a qualified tech working on my car and also that VW backs it if something goes wrong. Now, parts is a different story, you have to shop around for the best price.
Double R View Drop Down

Quote Double R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 15:36
Thanks for the info,i put my cars on dyno ramps for my oil change ,car runs really smooth so im going to buy all the relays that were wet from rain and see if check light goes away,if not then i will try elcetro shock and seacoam i wish there was a video Nd more info on this,i love this car and im keeping it no matter what lol :/
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 16:04
There is some video on YouTube.
Double R View Drop Down

Quote Double R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Mar-2014 at 23:23
Just saw the video looks a lil easy from video ,ectually it looks simple ,let me ask you have you done it and did it work for you?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>