The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Do It Yourself Guides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help!
    Posted: 17-Mar-2014 at 02:20
Originally posted by Double R

i put half a can of seafoam no smoke tho (confused)

You are getting confused between the oil Seafoam and gas Seafoam. The oil is not going to smoke, only the gas treatment will smoke.

The only way the oil treatment would smoke is if you have some serious engine problems, so the fact that it didn't smoke is good.
jaklakmak View Drop Down

Quote jaklakmak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2014 at 02:55
Originally posted by Superman

i put half a can of seafoam no smoke tho (confused)

You are getting confused between the oil Seafoam and gas Seafoam. The oil is not going to smoke, only the gas treatment will smoke.

The only way the oil treatment would smoke is if you have some serious engine problems, so the fact that it didn't smoke is good.
W8-JHOLE
jaklakmak View Drop Down

Quote jaklakmak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2014 at 02:59

Would like to show pic i removed the anti freez tank to the side for easy access to the plugs ,found that the gasket on one is leaking :/ ,did the shock and they clicked ,i put half a can of seafoam no smoke tho (confused)
You need to find a vacuum line of some kind that goes into the intake plenum. When I did the seafoam on mine I used one that was about 1/2" going into the intake between the intake plenum and the firewall of the car. Trust me it will smoke!
W8-JHOLE
Double R View Drop Down

Quote Double R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Mar-2014 at 19:45
Lol i feel dumb for trying to get it to smoke lol ,my apologies
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2014 at 01:39
If you suck the seafoam in through a vacuum line it will cause smoking out the exhaust - lots of smoking! I've done this on a few cars to help clean out deposits but not on the W8 yet.
I have used seafoam in the crankcase oil (poured in through the oil fill) and had great success with it.
I changed my oil and ran 1 bottle (w/ less than 9 quarts oil) for 500 or so miles then changed the oil again back to 100% oil.
I also now change oil every 5K and use 5w-40 100% synthetic (usually elf/total or mobil 1).
FWIW, I have not had adjuster issues for 40K plus miles now.
If you have some slight oil sludge build up this should help. It will not help much if the screens have broken and metal parts are floating around.

Edited by rustybronco - 18-Mar-2014 at 19:01
Double R View Drop Down

Quote Double R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Mar-2014 at 17:54
Yeah thats what im going to try to do ,i also checked with carcheck for an extended warranty has anyone ever used them before,
jaklakmak View Drop Down

Quote jaklakmak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2014 at 02:37

Do you guys know if there is a hose that go under the antifreeze tank as tbere is a plug there with nothing on it at least on my car is it meant to look this way
No. What you are seeing is just the coolant tank overflow nipple. No hoses or tubes are attached to it.
W8-JHOLE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234