The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - East
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Ken's Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Poll Question: Is the Car Worth the Money?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [90,91%]
0 [0,00%]
1 [9,09%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ken's Car
    Posted: 06-Apr-2014 at 07:33
Good choice I have spend more than 8 years with my car and I love it. I think if I get another car in the future i will miss the w8 a lot.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2014 at 15:18
Originally posted by logan

look at it this way .. the car you now own is one of 40,000 world wide .. and only one of 5500 in the USA ... and if oyu have a manual then you have one of 550 in this country .. and if that manual is a stationwagon then you have one of 36 in this country .. .. that should help you sleep at night .. also once it is up and running go out to the freeway and floor it and hold on till 100-120mph and then just let up a bit and cruse at the 100-120mph area and relax and feel the car and how she is just caressing you and giving you everything you would ever want

That would be awesome. Unfortunetly, I have an automatic wagon. Not as rare but still rare enough for me. And yea, flooring it is one of the best feelings
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2014 at 15:21
The dealer was able to get the light off by flushing the ATF. So I am going to go with that for a while and see if it comes back up. If it does it will be covered by my warranty.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-Apr-2014 at 17:41
So happy, it only cost me $293 to get the car to pass inspection so my purchase price for the car is now down to $6,693!!!!
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
logan View Drop Down

Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2014 at 07:11
no go out and floor it everywhere for the first tank of fuel lol .. make sure you get a radar detector ..
poop
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Apr-2014 at 14:21
Originally posted by logan

no go out and floor it everywhere for the first tank of fuel lol .. make sure you get a radar detector ..
Check and and purchased it before I purchased the car. I can't believe how smooth it is at high speeds. I am used to having "more used" cars so they would always give me some shake or shimmy before I got to 80. Radar detector with active live alerts connected to my phone is going to be my life saver

I just love this car so much. It is just such a nice place to be.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2014 at 21:22
Hey Ken, just out of curiosity, where did you get the figure of only 36 W8/6MT wagons? I have a build spreadsheet from VW that shows 105 were made and delivered in North America. This was obviously a long time ago, and counts Canada. So, your data may be from a lot more current source.

Does the count represent all the cars currently in existence?

I think I like having 1/36th of all the cars in the US.
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2014 at 21:47
Originally posted by KenBIII

I just love this car so much. It is just such a nice place to be.
I feel ya!
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2014 at 22:23
Originally posted by long_w8

Hey Ken, just out of curiosity, where did you get the figure of only 36 W8/6MT wagons? I have a build spreadsheet from VW that shows 105 were made and delivered in North America. This was obviously a long time ago, and counts Canada. So, your data may be from a lot more current source.

Does the count represent all the cars currently in existence?

I think I like having 1/36th of all the cars in the US.

It was logan that said that there are only 36 W8/6MT Wagons. That is awesome that it is so rare. I however, have an AT.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2014 at 23:34
Do any of you guys know how many w8's were imported to Australia ?

thx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>