The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Members > USA - East
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Ken's Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Poll Question: Is the Car Worth the Money?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [90,91%]
0 [0,00%]
1 [9,09%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ken's Car
    Posted: 01-Apr-2014 at 17:07
As many of you know I have been fighting with a local dealer after purchasing a W8.

My question is do you think the car is worth the money or do I cut my loses and take the money 'n run?

Edited by KenBIII - 03-Nov-2014 at 19:11
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Apr-2014 at 23:13
I think it's a bit high for a 2003 Passat, but I have seen some listed for sale for more than that. I think it could go either way, just depending on if you like the car enough to put money into it or if you don't like the car and just want to cut your loses.
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2014 at 02:08
I voted "yes" for the simple reason that you're going to be very hard-pressed to find an equal of the W8 for the price. These cars can be expensive to own and maintain, but there's a lot more to it than price or we'd all be driving Honda Accords, I think.

Anyway for me the price would be worth it, but it's just my opinion. As a possible data point, I bought my car almost 3 years ago with more miles than that for $10k.
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
swalker13 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote swalker13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2014 at 02:12
I got my 03 passat w8 a couple months ago with 69k for $7,000. So that seems high to me, but these cars are very hard to find in good condition so its really your call
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2014 at 03:44
The book value of your car is $12,000+ so I voted yes.

However, the fun value of a W8 is worth a lot too, another reason I voted yes.
logan View Drop Down

Quote logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2014 at 06:09
$1700 .. i would low ball then down to $1200 your cost lol .. but thats just me .. $10k is the average price for these cars .. this is an expensive car to own it is not your normal vw this is like owning a lamborghini or ferrari .. expensive to maintain .. so you need to ask your self two questions ... ... do i love this car..... do i want this car for ever .... my answers are yes so i have no issue tearing the car apart to do work on it and spending what little $$$ i have to fix it lol
poop
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2014 at 16:12
Originally posted by Superman

The book value of your car is $12,000+ so I voted yes.

However, the fun value of a W8 is worth a lot too, another reason I voted yes.

Where did you get that value? I have been looking for a place to get realistic prices because KBB, AT, etc. all value the car at like $7,000
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2014 at 16:20
Originally posted by logan

$1700 .. i would low ball then down to $1200 your cost lol .. but thats just me .. $10k is the average price for these cars .. this is an expensive car to own it is not your normal vw this is like owning a lamborghini or ferrari .. expensive to maintain .. so you need to ask your self two questions ... ... do i love this car..... do i want this car for ever .... my answers are yes so i have no issue tearing the car apart to do work on it and spending what little $$$ i have to fix it lol

I am confused as to how this car can be so expensive to own. Other than the engine it shouldn't be that different than the V6 4Motion, right? What causes this car to be "Lambo or Ferrari" expensive? I have no problem putting money in the car but I don't have that much so I want to make sure I have the $$$ to put into it in order to make it worth owning.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2014 at 17:06
Originally posted by KenBIII

Where did you get that value? I have been looking for a place to get realistic prices because KBB, AT, etc. all value the car at like $7,000

www.nada.com

...and sorry, I was wrong, the 2003 value is $9,300
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Apr-2014 at 17:14
Originally posted by Superman

Originally posted by KenBIII

www.nada.com

...and sorry, I was wrong, the 2003 value is $9,300

oof..now that is putting me $1,200 over the value if I go through witht the repairs. But then I will have the major $$$ problem fixed since the W8 is chain driven.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>