Forum Home Forum Home > Traders Corner > Want To Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

6th Dash Switch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6th Dash Switch
    Posted: 12-Apr-2014 at 09:19
I am looking to buy a "Funk" or blank push (i.e. it looks like the filler)dash switch. Not exactly sure what I will use it for at the moment. Funk will mostly likely be for my sub or exhaust cutouts. The blank switch will be for the cutouts or some other fun option that I don't want to be displayed
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2014 at 06:05
You should really do some research about the exhaust cut outs before you commit to buying everything. The switch is not just plug-n-play with cutouts, it takes a good amount of circuitry skills to figure out. And there's really no good place for cutouts, you will make a sacrifice somewhere to make them work. Just want to give you a warning.
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2014 at 01:03
I'm keen to get a "FUNK" switch myself. They're getting hard to come by. In the meantime, I settled for a "Taxi" switch.

My plan was to use it to control the ground wire to the handbrake from my new head unit, but this proved not to be necessary. So, mostly I just want it to look cool until I come up with a better idea. :-)
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2014 at 04:24
Originally posted by srdavis872

You should really do some research about the exhaust cut outs before you commit to buying everything. The switch is not just plug-n-play with cutouts, it takes a good amount of circuitry skills to figure out. And there's really no good place for cutouts, you will make a sacrifice somewhere to make them work. Just want to give you a warning.

Thanks for the tip. If I decide to go that route I will research it more.

On a related note, are there wires already run in the harness for the 6th switch or were they not included because VW didn't plan on putting anything there?
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2014 at 07:55
There's no harness for switch #6. It's all DIY.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2014 at 13:17
My "FUNK" switch came with a harness. I have no idea what I'll use it for, yet.
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Apr-2014 at 15:09
I should have been more clear. There's a wiring block that attaches to the switch body itself and gives you a place to attach the leads, but there isn't anything wired to the car that is ready to connect up. In my case, the "Taxi" switch has 4 leads, which I assume are illumination +/- and two wires for whatever load the switch is connected to.

Gorfllub View Drop Down

Quote Gorfllub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Apr-2014 at 22:02
I too would love a Funk switch if anyone tracks some down.
Gorfllub View Drop Down

Quote Gorfllub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2014 at 03:39
Ok. I want to bump this up. I am willing to pay $75 for a (functional) funk switch or taxi switch.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2014 at 05:05
What does the "Taxi" switch look like?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>