Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Goofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gone
    Posted: 25-Apr-2014 at 01:07
Gone.

Edited by Goofy - 01-Jun-2014 at 23:18
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2014 at 02:31
I'm surprised to hear this. I had that exact same setup and ordered through Shox.com with my first W8. They were great to work with and the car rode wonderfully.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
Goofy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Goofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Apr-2014 at 02:54
Originally posted by SirRangeALot

I'm surprised to hear this. I had that exact same setup and ordered through Shox.com with my first W8. They were great to work with and the car rode wonderfully.

Did you have Koni Sport yellows or Koni FSD? I switched to the yellows and the ride is great now, the FSD were way too bouncy on the H&R springs. Koni told me the height and rate of the H&R is not what the FSD is designed for.

I drove to San Diego to collect from Shox.com, a couple of guys in a small office and not much stock to be seen. Maybe I didn't see the whole shebang but looked like a drop ship setup to me?? The amount of BS they gave me to try and justify their recommendation was laughable, when I finally forwarded the email from Koni stating it was a bad idea to pair those shocks and springs they replied by saying the shocks were the right part number for my vehicle.

Glad you had a good experience but I'll be doing my best to steer people away from them... yep, it's sour grapes.

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2014 at 06:46
Oh, yeah I had the yellows. It's been awhile between W8's. lol
Goofy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Goofy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2014 at 20:32
Bump to add the OEM springs and Atlanta wheels.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2014 at 02:05

Did you have them on the same wheels? Might the ride improve with bigger wheels?
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-May-2014 at 07:54
Originally posted by KenBIII

Did you have them on the same wheels? Might the ride improve with bigger wheels?

At first I was on the original Atlantas, yes. Then I went to B6 Avuses, to A6 Fat 5's, to 18" Mercedes AMG reps. Imo the 17" ride better than the 18" for obvious reasons. Which is why I'm sticking to 17" since my variant will someday haul crumb crunchers and I don't want the ride too harsh. My wagon sits lower than when I had the Koni's also.
 Post Reply Post Reply