Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Exterior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Tail Light Lens

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tail Light Lens
    Posted: 13-May-2014 at 03:10
Just noticed that someone hit my car today. They put a crack in the outer lens of the tail light and bent the chrome. I know it is a long shot, but does anyone know if they sell just this lens? Or does the entire assembly have to be replaced?
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2014 at 05:56
Entire assembly. The way the lens if installed on the housing is permanent, not meant to be replaced separately.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2014 at 14:45
That is what I figured, just sucks having to replace the whole thing for a little crack. From what I can tell, the lights are still sealed by the interior lenses correct? If this is the case I will replace the assembly before winter.

I also noticed that my front side marker is scratched
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2014 at 15:32
Just put some superglue in the crack, good to go!
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2014 at 15:35
Originally posted by srdavis872

That is true, all though I want to get my W8 to show car level I have to realize I don't have the money to keep it at that level using it as my daily driver.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2014 at 15:55
Originally posted by KenBIII

Originally posted by srdavis872

That is true, all though I want to get my W8 to show car level I have to realize I don't have the money to keep it at that level using it as my daily driver.

You'll never have a true "show car" while driving it every day. It's just impossible. I take my car to several car shows, and it's no where near "show quality". Got to know where to cut your loses sometimes and call it "good enough".
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2014 at 16:53
Remember that water can get into the trunk via that crack and if it does it can drowned the fuel computer and the gas gauge won't work anymore. That computer box is $300 (IIRC).
B5in View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote B5in Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2014 at 15:29
Originally posted by Superman

Remember that water can get into the trunk via that crack and if it does it can drowned the fuel computer and the gas gauge won't work anymore. That computer box is $300 (IIRC).

QFT, I had to replace my fuel comp. because of cracked lens and it's expensive! All my electronics were going haywire when it was shorting out too
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2014 at 16:25
Originally posted by B5in

Originally posted by Superman

QFT, I had to replace my fuel comp. because of cracked lens and it's expensive! All my electronics were going haywire when it was shorting out too

Paul, was this with the wagon or sedan?
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
B5in View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote B5in Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2014 at 17:12
sedan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>