Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedRemoving Motor for Temperature Flap

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing Motor for Temperature Flap
    Posted: 26-Jun-2014 at 15:51
I am trying to remove the Positioning Motor for Temperature Flap (V68). However, I can not find the proceedure to remove it. I have already removed my glove box but the HVAC pipe that is in the center console, behind the Climatronic unit, and opens into the passagnger's foot compartment is in the way of me getting at the screws that hold the motor in place. On other forums, people have stated it is possible to remove it without removing the dash but they never explain how.

I really need to replace this motor. Yesterday and ran the Climatronic on cool air, without the AC, and at the dash vent it was over 100F and it was only 70F outside. With the AC on and car idling the best it could do 78F; with the car going like 40mph the best the AC could manage was 85F.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Jun-2014 at 06:08
Looks like the whole dash has to come out...and 1 of the clips that holds the radio is stuck again...I might just cut it out..
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2014 at 05:00
Results after first 5 hours of tear down... still need to remove more to get at that motor...
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2014 at 08:27
What exactly are you getting to? Can it be seen in the picture?
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2014 at 19:47
I was trying to get at these motors (blue for cold air and red for hot air)..

Both motors and flaps working perfectly though...

Don't know what is causing the 4F7 [01271] - Positioning Motor for Temperature Flap (V68) error code and the AC not to work..

Edited by KenBIII - 29-Jun-2014 at 19:58
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2014 at 20:09
And to top things off the service manager I always deal with at my VW dealer is out until July 7th...
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2014 at 22:43
That's why I always just bring my car to the dealer, yes I've spent thousands but I know it's done right and done once.

I used to tool on my GTI and Jetta 16V back in the 80's but these cars are just too complicated, even with the Bentley.
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2014 at 22:46
Service manager got back to me and he told me they don't deal with many Climatronic issues
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
 Post Reply Post Reply