The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

W8 at Season 52 in ATL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W8 at Season 52 in ATL
    Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 13:59
there i go thinking that i have some kind of rare car... i was at lunch today at season52 near where i work and park right next to a gray W8 6MT...

should have taken a picture of two W8 6MT sedans next to each other...
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Oct-2007 at 22:27
You obviously were in shock, then awe.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
Awesome Beast View Drop Down

Quote Awesome Beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2007 at 07:44
Pardon my ignorance but what does '6MT' mean. Thanks. I''ll probably kick myself when you tell me!
dubya_eight View Drop Down

Quote dubya_eight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2007 at 08:22
6speed Manual Transmission

I used to never see W8's, but now I know of at least 4 here. I see one almost every day on the drive home going the opposite direction. There is another one in my end of town I see pretty frequently as well. 4 out of a few thousand standard Passats still isnít a bad.

Edited by dubya_eight - 25-Oct-2007 at 15:31
------------------------------
2003 W8
Tip
Blue Spirit / Black
------------------------------
M1ck View Drop Down

Quote M1ck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2007 at 10:08
I've not seen another on the road yet.
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2007 at 18:51
At the dealer last week I saw two others in the shop with mine, doh! One was a gold Tip, the other was silver/gray with the sport package (or at least Madras wheels). Not sure if it was a 6MT, it was up on the lift.
I'm actually surprised how many I've seen in Knoxville, it's not that big of a place... so far I've seen a total of 4 others, one a variant.

edit: I was in ATL last week, didn't see another W8 though!

Edited by rustybronco - 26-Oct-2007 at 00:55
Tardeaux View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Tardeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2007 at 19:06
I've seen a few others in the Fort Lauderdale/Boca Raton areas, but I've still never seen another variant. There's a silver on that I spotted at the Cheesecake Factory in Boca, then 2 Pacific Blue sedans (or one that gets around as much as i do) in Pompano Beach and Plantation, then I saw a black sedan flying up the HOV lane on I-95 just the other day.

I still think the one Passat I've seen yet tho that really made me lust was a TDI 4motion a couple weeks back. If my motor ever blows and I can't get the warranty to pay for it, I'm so doing a TDI swap :)
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Oct-2007 at 21:07
I see a silver w/ black sedan around my end of town (16" Atlanta's).
I also see the Stymie-mobile at GTGs
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
Awesome Beast View Drop Down

Quote Awesome Beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 04:46
Doh! Thanks for explanation! What exotic sounding place names you have in the USA!
Marco View Drop Down

Quote Marco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Oct-2007 at 09:53
Squish, If you had told me, we could have made it a threesome. I've been to Seasons 52, with my W8 Variant. Marco
Marco M. Pardi 2003 W8 SilverStone Grey Variant w/Sports Package, straight-thru exhaust & various extras.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>