The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Another newbie with recent purchase of W8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aplact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another newbie with recent purchase of W8
    Posted: 17-Nov-2007 at 07:34
Hi. Just saw two posts from two new members who recently purchased a w8. I also fell into that category. Just joined this forum a few days ago (but already followed it for a while) and got my W8 3 weeks ago. My W8 is 2003 W8 w/ tip & w/o sport pkg (I think; I forgot to ask and I am not 100% sure how to check).

Does any one know a good VW dealership in the greater Boston area? Nothing wrong with my W8. Just for the future reference.
Awesome Beast View Drop Down

Quote Awesome Beast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2007 at 10:23
Welcome to our very exclusive 'club'.
kastegir View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kastegir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2007 at 12:55
Welcome to the club. If the car still has stock wheels, they're the dead giveaway on sport/non-sport. If you have the 17" Madras wheels, you usually have the sport package, unless someone swapped em. Madras are the 14-spoke design that looks a little like a honeycomb. The standard W8 wheels are 16".
2003 W8 Tip sedan - locked in sports mode
Indigo Blue Pearl/Gray
VWAffe View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote VWAffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2007 at 13:51
Welcome to our therapy group!

...I mean club.
'03 W8 Sedan 6MT     ..."it goes to 11!"
'02 V6 Wagon 4Mo 5MT (Swap In Work)     ...both black on black w/ limo tint
'14 JSW TDI 6MT
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2007 at 17:44
Welcome to the club. Try for a reco on dealerships in Beantown. Dick Shine (in Walpole) is a great place for out of warranty work.

Now you will have to post pics.

Edited by B5crazy - 17-Nov-2007 at 23:48
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
reffry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote reffry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Nov-2007 at 21:46
Hey now I'm learnin...
aplact View Drop Down

Quote aplact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2007 at 09:40
Originally posted by kastegir

Welcome to the club. If the car still has stock wheels, they're the dead giveaway on sport/non-sport. If you have the 17" Madras wheels, you usually have the sport package, unless someone swapped em. Madras are the 14-spoke design that looks a little like a honeycomb. The standard W8 wheels are 16".

Great! Thanks a lot. Good to know. I will check it next time.
aplact View Drop Down

Quote aplact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2007 at 09:50
Originally posted by B5crazy

Welcome to the club. Try for a reco on dealerships in Beantown. Dick Shine (in Walpole) is a great place for out of warranty work.

Oops! I did not know the cost of asking questions is to post pics. Darn it! Can I take my question back? I have not really got a chance to take any pics on my car yet. I will post it when I get a chance.

I bought the car as a CPO from an out-of-state VW dealership. So, I still have 2 yrs under the warranty. That's why I am looking for a local VW dealership.

I will go ask at Passat World. Just thought to give it a try here.
aplact View Drop Down

Quote aplact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-Nov-2007 at 09:52
Originally posted by B5crazy

Forgot to mention. Thanks a lot for sharing the info.
gforce View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote gforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Nov-2007 at 00:23
Welcome aplact! I used to use Minuteman in Bedford before I got my W8 this spring. But they rarely saw any W8s come into their shop. Since I think that it important to use a dealership with experience with our cars, I have been using Wellesley VW. I'm still forming my opinion of them, I haven't had to test them with anything major yet .
They are a bit of a hike for me since I spend most of my time north of Boston.
2010 CC VR6 4Motion Black/Black
2003 W8 Tip Sedan Black/Black - Traded In
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>