Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Aftermarket Warranty Reference Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote reffry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aftermarket Warranty Reference Thread
    Posted: 07-Nov-2008 at 08:23
I'm going without one, hope I never need it. Just turned over 100,000 miles and everything still works.
flea121 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote flea121 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2008 at 14:23
Originally posted by reffry

I'm going without one, hope I never need it. Just turned over 100,000 miles and everything still works.

^^^^Good luck, I hope you don't have any issues.

I bought my W8 back in Aug. 08. (2003 w/ 36k miles) and did opt for an extended warranty, thanks to all the folks on this forum and passat world recommending it. I've been a proponent of extended warranties as i tend to keep vehicles for long periods of time.

First off, I love this car! This is my first German vehicle (mostly Japanese before) and I don't think I can go back after this.

Second, I've already had to put my W8 in the shop due to a CEL. The reference to my issue can be found here: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276074

In short, I haven't even put 2,000 miles on my W8 and the warranty is about to more than pay for itself. I bought mine thru CarMax with their MaxCare extended warranty (they use The warranty Group - https://www.mrclaims.net/b2c/ - to administer their warranties) and they (so far) have been top notch!

Edited by flea121 - 10-Nov-2008 at 16:38
reffry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote reffry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Nov-2008 at 16:26
It better or Im up a creek without a paddle. Mobil 1 every 5,000 miles and scheduled maintanance are my way from now on.
0000VW View Drop Down

Quote 0000VW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Dec-2008 at 13:56
I am currently in the process with a warranty claim through MR claims. they have been great the only issue i have had is with the time it takes foor the claim to be processed but part of that is the service shops lack of communication with both me and the claim company. the only other issue is that this claim compny @ mrclaims.net uses used parts BUT since the W8 is a rare car they were unable to find a used transmission but located a rebuilt one (better than used but no new). i talked to them about that issue and they were willing to put a new one in if i pay for the difference of the new one from the old one. i decided to let them put it in, pay only my $100 deductable drive the car hard for the next 30k miles till the warranty is up and hopefully work all the bugs out of it by then and if something breaks whats another $100 when they already put a $4k transmission in it when i paid $1200 for the warranty only 3000 miles ago.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Jan-2009 at 10:52
Another company to check out courtesy of mf7365: http://nationalautocare.net/products.htm.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
tripwalking View Drop Down

Quote tripwalking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2009 at 14:32
I just got through a warranty claim through Coast to Coast. The warranty was purchased through my dealer (Cambridge VW). The issue was the torque converter. C2C ordered the wrong replacement parts, recognized their mistake and shipped a brand new oem vw converter. My warranty wasn't even for oem parts only! They paid $200 for a rental car which got me up until the wrong parts arrived, then they covered the rental until the job was finished. I'm very happy with their service, and especially happy now that I don't have to drive the rental grand prix!
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jan-2009 at 00:06
I just got a quote from warranty direct...0 deductible, 2 yr./25k miles for $3000. I don't think that's worth it. If it was for 3 years I'd probably do it.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
W8bahnburner View Drop Down

Quote W8bahnburner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jan-2009 at 11:24
Bought one through The Auto Club when I got my W8.
No problems whatsoever.
Paid for torque converter, CV boot and rear tranny seal.
Zero out of pocket
Corwin View Drop Down

Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Feb-2009 at 14:31
Originally posted by reffry

It better or Im up a creek without a paddle. Mobil 1 every 5,000 miles and scheduled maintanance are my way from now on.

Just promise us there will be no bitching when something happens!!!
reffry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote reffry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Feb-2009 at 10:32
        Knock on wood becouse it's been all good so far
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>