Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > The W8 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Aftermarket Warranty Reference Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ThunderRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aftermarket Warranty Reference Thread
    Posted: 08-Sep-2010 at 15:55
My current warranty is with Fidelity Warranty Services. At the time the warranty was sold, it was branded as a VW REAL DRIVER warranty. My "platinum" level warranty runs out in May and/or 97K miles (I have 86K right now.) I called to see what an extension would cost...I was told I could get a 2 yr/24K mile warranty for $2300. They would not offer the higher gold plus and platinum levels due to age/mileage. This is not technically an extension but simply a new warranty. I could then cash in the value remaining on my existing warranty. If I wait until May, presumably, the quote will be a bit higher and perhaps, they may not offer a 2-yr product.

Fidelity has worked out great for me if anyone is shopping for a warranty. Only some dealers will sell Fidelity...I used the original dealer that issued the original extended warranty...that was Stohlman's VW in VA.

Since I am possibly selling my W8, I will simply offer the remaining 9 months of platinum protection to the new lucky owner. But, it is nice to know one could get another 2 years of coverage.

Dropping from Platinum to Gold does reduce the list of covered items but the big ones still remain covered.

Just thought I would post this info for anyone considering extended warranty options.

treeski View Drop Down

Quote treeski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Feb-2011 at 05:49
Just purchased a 5yr/100,000k powershield plan from warranty direct for 1900. 120k on the car now mind you, going the distance for sure...
03 6spd Wagon
motorwize View Drop Down

Quote motorwize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jan-2012 at 11:44
5star £5k limit, cost £745 for 3yrs

has anyone had any dealings with this company?

http://www.click4warranty.co.uk

Edited by SirRangeALot - 29-Jan-2012 at 17:33
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234