Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Exterior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Sport Package 17" Madras Spacers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sport Package 17" Madras Spacers
    Posted: 13-Dec-2007 at 17:37
Does anyone have any experience with putting spacers on the Sport package 17" madras wheels? I want to flush up the wheels a little but don't want to get to aggressive. Thanks in advance for any input.

Love this car!!!!!
M1ck View Drop Down

Quote M1ck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Dec-2007 at 04:24
I thought they looked OK as is.

fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Dec-2007 at 23:06
My summers are BBS RG-R rims, with an ET of 35, vs the OE Madras offset of 45mm. That extra cm really looks nice, a bit more hunkered down, w/o pushing the wheel beyond the fender.

Spacers, and the appropriately longer replacement lugs, are pretty pricey, though.

Edited by fitzski - 16-Dec-2007 at 21:32
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
Vincere View Drop Down

Quote Vincere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 14:27
I think you got the offsets transposed. The Madras are 45 offset. I have a set of ET 30 offset RS6 replicas and a set of Fliks with ET 35 offset and both move the wheel out to the edge of the fender nicely.
2003 W8 Tip Wagon
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Dec-2007 at 15:31
Oops... yep, sorry... Madras are ET 45.

Good catch.
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
Mustard View Drop Down

Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 04:50
Originally posted by fitzski

My summers are BBS RG-R rims, with an ET of 35, vs the OE Madras offset of 45mm. That extra cm really looks nice, a bit more hunkered down, w/o pushing the wheel beyond the fender.

Spacers, and the appropriately longer replacement lugs, are pretty pricey, though.

Any pictures??

So if I understand correctly, adding a 10mm spacer would take my OE Madras to an offset of 35??? Are you having any rub issues? Looking at mine I don't think there would be but I have never messed with spacers. I would think the fronts would be more prone to problems since they turn.
gforce View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote gforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2007 at 23:20
When I bought my W8, used from a VW dealer, I ended up getting it with "Road America" 7-spoke 16x7 ET37 rims. I now use these for my 205/55VR16 snow tires. The 37 vs 45 offset seems to push out the 7" rim just as far as my 17x7.5" Madras replicas. I think it does help make the 205 width look better. I don't have any rubbing, but I am thinking about getting mud flaps to cut down on the salt that gets thrown on the side of my black car! The road crews love to use salt here in Massachusetts!
2010 CC VR6 4Motion Black/Black
2003 W8 Tip Sedan Black/Black - Traded In
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Dec-2007 at 09:15
Originally posted by Mustard

Any pictures??

So if I understand correctly, adding a 10mm spacer would take my OE Madras to an offset of 35??? Are you having any rub issues? Looking at mine I don't think there would be but I have never messed with spacers. I would think the fronts would be more prone to problems since they turn.

Unfortunately, no - nothing that really shows the difference. This is about the best I've got... nevermind the rusty rotor; I'd just washed the car!

No rubbing issues.
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2014 at 04:35
I'm interested in this too. H&R 15 mm or 20 mm Trak+ spacers and the Madras wheels.
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Mar-2014 at 15:15
I think these were 15mm front 20mm rear. If I were to do it again I'd do more, probably 20mm front and rear. I didn't think they were any where close to "flush". This pic kind of sucks but it's the best I have when I had spacer on.

Edited by srdavis872 - 13-Mar-2014 at 16:01
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>