Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

What is the part# of Passenger side mirror

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote i03w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the part# of Passenger side mirror
    Posted: 31-Oct-2014 at 14:10
I just realized that the side mirros of W8 can be power foldable... but my passenger side does not function properly. It will be over folded and will not go back to the original position.

I did a search on rockauto and ECStuning. It seems there are many different types of mirros, w/ or w/ memory, foldable or non foldable... w/ or w/o heated mirror. I know mine is heated and foldable, but not quite sure about the memory.

I guess something inside goes wrong? like gears, motor or something else?
eddycooper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote eddycooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Oct-2014 at 14:18
3B1857508AD01C - this is the right side (passenger)

I think all W8s have the memory stuff (seat, mirror, steering column?)

Description:
exterior mirror housing for vehicles with electric adjustable, fold-in and heated exterior mirrors, electr. seat adjustment with memory funct. and backrest adjustment
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Nov-2014 at 16:15
I mentioned this in a separate thread, but I was able to get a "13-wire" mirror (with all the heat, retraction, memory, etc features) off eBay for about $125 and then paid a further $120 to get it painted the correct body color. Saved me a PILE of money over buying a new one from VW.

It's fairly easy to replace.
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
i03w8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote i03w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2014 at 17:32
Thank you guys. I got a used one on Friday and have not got time to install it yet. The door panel should be removed to install the mirror, is that right?
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2014 at 17:46
I highly suggest you remove the door panel. I do believe that it could be done by just removing the tweeter pannel, but I advise against it.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
i03w8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote i03w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2014 at 20:23
Thanks. I replaced diver door lock actuator not long ago so it is not a difficult job for me.

I do have a question about the door actuator but I will open another thread.
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2014 at 05:05
If I remember correctly, the only way to get the wire coming from the mirror plugged in to the right place was to pull the door card. It only takes a few minutes, so just do it and save yourself some frustration. :)
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
 Post Reply Post Reply