Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

FYI - Aero Wiper Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eddycooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FYI - Aero Wiper Blades
    Posted: 03-Nov-2014 at 22:51
I posted this at PassatWorld, but it's even more applicable to everyone here.

In case anyone is interested in some details about the Aero wipers:
- It looks like Valeo / SWF is the OEM for these
- Driver's side: VW - 1J1955425B, Valeo 900215B
- Passenger's side: VW - 3B1955426B, Valeo 900216B
- Both wipers are the same length, but the connection points for the wiper arm are offset by about 3/4", which explains the different part numbers.
- Sometimes you can get good deals on Valeo wipers from RockAuto. I paid $7 per wiper for the ones in the picture.

**Well this is really weird. The URL for this photo is https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2sloNCd1SZQ/VFDr2XUO2NI/AAAAAAAACsY/aLxdEJpc28Q/s1024/Passat%2520B5.5%2520Aero%2520Wipers.png, but the IMG tag keeps changing the URL and the picture won't show up. In the URL, the 'n' in '-2slon' should be a capital 'N', but every time I change it the forum changes it back to lowercase. So the picture will not display here. Unless a moderator can fix that, you'll have to copy/paste the address above to see the picture.

Edited by eddycooper - 03-Nov-2014 at 23:02
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Nov-2014 at 23:11
The last time I bought new blades they were the same size but I had to cut about an inch of the left hand side
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2014 at 01:37
Yes, they are the same length but the mounting point is offset differently (like eddycooper said). You need to make sure you install them on the correct side or they will not sit right.

(I just downloaded the image and reuploaded it so I could post it)
eddycooper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote eddycooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Nov-2014 at 04:12
Thanks for making the picture work!
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Nov-2014 at 05:06
Good to know, thanks!
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
eddycooper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote eddycooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Sep-2016 at 17:31
All,

A few years ago I did the rear aero wiper upgrade on my Passat wagon. I got the little kit from OEMPlus.com, who are now out of business. Buying replacement wiper blades seemed like it would be difficult because they are from a T5 Transporter, which was not sold in North America. You cannot buy them from a dealer in North America and even ECS Tuning wouldn't help. But I found a source - Amazon Germany.

Here is the archived version of the OEMPlus website that shows the kit: https://web.archive.org/web/20130821185327/http://www.oemplus.com/aero-rear-wiper-kit-all-versions-p-43.html

Here is the important information:
- rear aero blade part number: VW 7E0 955 425, SWF 119 502, Valeo 574 331

I found the SWF wiper blade (which is the exact OEM part) on Amazon.de for around 10 euros, plus shipping. If you have a normal Amazon account it will work on Amazon.de. A couple weeks later my wiper blades were at my door. The shipping cost was very reasonable, especially if you buy a few at a time.

In case someone wants to do this mod, the other items in the OEMPlus kit are available at any dealer, and they are:
- wiper arm: 6Q6 955 707 C
- wiper arm cap: 6Q6 955 435 D
 Post Reply Post Reply