Forum Home Forum Home > Traders Corner > Want To Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

WTB: W8 6spd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Volkswagenaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: W8 6spd
    Posted: 30-Mar-2015 at 00:01
No worries there man glad the car is ok
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2015 at 01:38
So glad to hear that your car isn't a disaster, Sean!

Now, back to Volkswagenaholic's quest:

Are you looking for a sedan or wagon (a.k.a. "variant") MT6? The wagons are very rare. Estimates vary but there were at most 105 of them brought into North America during the entire production run, and some say an even smaller number. I've seen estimates that around 30 remain. Sedans aren't as hard to come by. Either way, you'll almost certainly need to travel elsewhere to get your W8 MT6.

Finding my MT6 wagon took me two years and a trip from Detroit to Portland, Oregon. That whole experience is documented elsewhere on this site. As an aside, you said you were from Michigan...what part?
'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
Volkswagenaholic View Drop Down

Quote Volkswagenaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-Mar-2015 at 14:48
I live in Grand Rapids but work in Battle Creek. I know all about the numbers on W8 Passat's and have nothing against traveling to get a car. Just with these and my particular taste I hate to waste a weekend and a bunch of money to look at a car that doesn't live up to the ad. I am looking for a sedan but if a wagon came across for the right price I'd grab it. I am also a bargain hunter so I will wait for the right car in my range. This week I am going to try getting over to Farmington Hills to look at a pacific blue at a dealer there.

Quote Volkswagenaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Apr-2015 at 16:29
Found one, Just need to ship it home. Black/Black 6spd 81k with a 40k engine. All dealer service records. $7000

Edited by Volkswagenaholic - 03-Apr-2015 at 16:33
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2015 at 03:25
Go for it!
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2015 at 04:25
Anyone want to take bets that the death of the previous engine was due to cam adjusters? VW probably replaced the engine under warranty, rather than resurrect it with the shock treatment.

Sounds like a great candidate! Sedan or wagon?

'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Apr-2015 at 05:09
Sounds like a good deal! Go for it!

Quote Volkswagenaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-Apr-2015 at 23:39
I did, Just gotta ship it home
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Apr-2015 at 03:10
Originally posted by Volkswagenaholic

Found one, Just need to ship it home. Black/Black 6spd 81k with a 40k engine. All dealer service records. $7000

This is the one you got? Pictures?
isukennedy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote isukennedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2015 at 19:05
If anyone is still looking, I've decided to part ways with mine. Haven't posted it anywhere yet, but its an 03 grey/grey 6mt wagon. Something like 128k on the clock.

Its not perfect, but its mechanically sound. New brakes last fall, I'm putting in a new fuel filter this weekend or next, replaced the thermostat this spring, and the tailgate was just replaced last week under the rust warranty (pitting @ the bottom of the window).

Given how rare these things are, what's a reasonable price? I've seen them as high as 9k, but that seems steep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>