The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > About the Forum > Comments, Suggestions and Help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Please make sure your e-mail address is up-to-date
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Please make sure your e-mail address is up-to-date

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin
Admin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please make sure your e-mail address is up-to-date
    Posted: 11-Aug-2015 at 23:30
Hi all.

I know I've been neglecting this forum for way too long. I'm very sorry about that!

I've finally been able to find some time to invest in it and I'm currently testing out a new forum software. The hope is that it'll ease the job of the moderators keeping spammers out of the forum.

The biggest issue in moving to another forum is to get all the content moved to the new one.

I'm currently in the process of writing a converter that allows me to move most stuff to the new forum and expect to have something ready within the next couple of weeks. We'll have to accept that some metadata might get lost.

No information (posts, pm's, files etc.) will be lost though.

Anyways, when the move is happening I won't be able to transfer passwords due to security reasons. Therefore it is important that your e-mail address is up-to-date under your profile as that will be the only way to retrieve a new password.

I expect to have a test-version up and running within a month to allow people to have a preview of whats to come and hopefully resolve any issues there might be, before doing the actual move.

Br. Frank.

Edited by spinner - 11-Aug-2015 at 23:31
2003 W8
TIP - 5 speed
Black
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2015 at 00:04
Hey that is great news and thanks for all of your work.
srdavis872 View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote srdavis872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2015 at 15:34
FYI, I never receive emails, and after Superman reset his email he got locked out and unable to get back in. I'm having to manually reset his account. There seems to be a problem with the forum sending out emails.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2015 at 15:38
Thanks Sean, I'm back in here now. Yeah, I've never ever gotten an email from this board although I'm subscribed to all my topics.
spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2015 at 16:31
Ok. I'll check the mail settings and write back in here when I've confirmed that it works again.
2003 W8
TIP - 5 speed
Black
spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2015 at 16:33
Mail should be working again.
2003 W8
TIP - 5 speed
Black
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Aug-2015 at 21:06
I got a subscription notice of your reply. That's the first time ever. That said, it is working now.
Rokusek View Drop Down

Quote Rokusek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2015 at 16:22
Long time lurker. I am always busy and forget to check here. But My email is updated. Excited to see the new site.

-PJ
spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Sep-2015 at 17:33
Small update... It's taking longer than expected :( Mostly because I've had to prioritize other stuff first.

But rest assured, that I'm still working on it...
2003 W8
TIP - 5 speed
Black
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2015 at 03:36
I am on here every day several times. Your efforts are appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>