Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Electronics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

CCM issues after battery dies

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote St0x80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CCM issues after battery dies
    Posted: 20-Aug-2015 at 18:38
Hey guys,

I've done a lot of reading on this topic before posting. But I think I'm having CCM issues. There was some great info which is why I actually registered for this forum.

I went through some how-to's. I pukked the CCM, checked for water, checked for corroded wires, checked for loose wires, and the usual stuff. Check fuse 14, 19, and many others on the side panel drivers side. All good.

Everything was dry, wires looked great, no corrosion, and nothing tampered with like someone trying to previously fix anything. I'm the second owner and everything has been pretty tip top on this car until recently after the battery died.

So now I have the usual issues:
Windows won't roll down or up - actually got the passenger window to go down, now won't go back up. This was done on the passenger door, no switches working on the driver door.
When the hood opens - registers open on gauges - but not the doors.
Sunroof won't open
Gas gauge won't work - battery gauge does.
Trunk won't open via button on door.
Intermittent alarm issues.
Display on AC/Heat unit shows celsius - won't get cold anymore - worked perfect before this issue.
Seat adjustments are working, memory not.

Could this be just a half working CCM that is slowly dying or do they go out completely.

I don't have money for the dealership and my baby is in the garage needing help.

Thanks!

Steve
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Aug-2015 at 00:17
I had a lot of issues like that on my old v6 caravelle
I replaced the drivers door wiring harness and that sorted it :)
On this w8 I have now, the doors side door lock module needs attention. The micro-switch is faulty
Good luck
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2015 at 00:17
I am on my third battery in 7 or 8 years of ownership. When the last two batteries started to die I hd a host of CCM related issues. I do not recall specifics - actually, the gas gauge acting up was one of the issues.
Based on this experience I would suggest having your battery tested (most auto parts stores will test for free), or even just measuring the output voltage.

Could still be the CCM of course!

Edited by rustybronco - 22-Aug-2015 at 02:35
St0x80 View Drop Down

Quote St0x80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2015 at 02:24
Battery was totally dead, removed it and took two days to fully charge on a cheap 10amp walmart charger. I'll bring it over to auto zone and have them check it out, maybe there's a dead cell in there somewhere.

Thanks!
St0x80 View Drop Down

Quote St0x80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2015 at 02:26
The door open indicator was one of the first things I noticed. But then once I got it charged back up, none of the door open indicators were working, the hood was however.

I'll start search for a how-to on testing the door indicator. Think I saw something on here somewhere, and seemed like a pita.

Thanks everyone.
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Aug-2015 at 08:13

Here's a link to the door lock module repair

Edited by SeaHunt - 22-Aug-2015 at 08:17
long_w8 View Drop Down

Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Aug-2015 at 00:07
I've done the door lock module replacement. In my case, the problem was that the car didn't know that the driver's side (LH, US car) door was open. So, the interior lights wouldn't go on when the door was opened, the chime for the headlights didn't work, and a bunch of other annoyances including the memory seats not working correctly.

If you have to take the door apart, the instructions SeaHunt posted are excellent. The only weird tool required is a triple square (a.k.a. "spline") tool of the correct size.

Good luck!

'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
 Post Reply Post Reply