Forum Home Forum Home > Registration > Introduction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

New w8 owner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote w8forNone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New w8 owner
    Posted: 10-Dec-2015 at 17:17
After some tense moments in the heart of the hood in east oakland, I managed to leave with a w8 wagon yesterday. The deal was almost too good to be true, which had me worried in itself. The guy I bought it from was a little shady to say the least, but everything checked out, his id, paperwork, title, vins, etc. The test drive went great, shifts smooth, handles extremely well, accelerates and stops without hesitation. He was a tough negotiator, but so am I. I even drove off once, and he called me back once I was a few blocks away and accepted my offer. I think his baby mama had something to say about it, and being a few weeks before christmas probably didn't hurt.

100k miles, sounds and drives amazing. I'm aware they're not the easiest cars to work on, but hopefully it won't give me too many problems. So far the only issues I can see are minor cosmetics, I'll be addressing those as I have time and money, I don't like driving around in anything but 100% clean cars.

With the help and guidance of you guys I'd also like to complete any logical preventative maintenance, as I know nothing of this cars service record.

I'm not looking to do much to this performance-wise, aside from letting it breathe and maybe some tuning. Mostly I just need it to be as reliable as possible to get me to and from work (I'm an electrician so the cargo space is very helpful) and to and from tahoe. I snowboard a ton, and I'll probably even use it to tow a trailer with snowmobiles once in a while.

I also own an extended cab 6 speed 7.3l diesel (which is ridiculous to drive, let alone TRY to park in SF) and a first gen cts-v, also 6 speed of course. This wagon will be the first automatic I've owned in quite some time, but for a work rig in the city it makes sense. *fingers crossed* If I still have the car when the tranny goes, I'll probably be trying to do a 6MT conversion, though I haven't looked into the details of that yet.

Anyway thanks for reading, let me know if you're northern california, id love to meet up with some other w8 owners.
orangeokie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote orangeokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2018 at 00:30
Too bad W8 left without posting some pics and letting us know what he paid for it after he was called back by the seller.

Edited by orangeokie - 26-Mar-2018 at 00:32
 Post Reply Post Reply