Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

short shifter wanted...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote JayTheSnork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: short shifter wanted...
    Posted: 27-Mar-2016 at 16:14
having had a Diesel Geek short shifter in my old B5, I need one in my W8! Anybody got one for sale?
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2016 at 21:27
What are those all about? I love the way my car shifts already.
JayTheSnork View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote JayTheSnork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2016 at 22:30
the factory "throw" is way too long. a short shifter allows you to only move your wrist to shift gears.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Mar-2016 at 22:33
I do believe our transmission is from the C5 S4, so that'd be the place to look but I don't know of any in America.
Admin
Admin

Quote JayTheSnork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2016 at 03:58
JHM has one, but it's a bit pricey. http://www.speedlifemotorsport.com/jhm-solid-short-throw-shifter-2002-2005-passat-6-speed-clamp-on/

I'd prefer a used one if I can get it.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2016 at 04:10
I put in an inquiry with my friend in Germany, it usually takes him a day or two to reply.

I guess I'd have to drive one to know the benefit because I put a "weighted" shifter in my Jetta and didn't notice much difference.
Admin
Admin

Quote JayTheSnork Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2016 at 04:17
the DG SS I had in my B5 was hands down one of my most fave mods.

using a stock shifter and in order to shift gears, you have to move from your shoulder; a SS allows you to snick thru the gears with a flick of the wrist.
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2016 at 04:28
I would just need to drive the same model car with and without to know the difference but I do understand the logic of it. Way back in the 1990's I put one in my air-cooled Beetle and it was a shorter throw but it became too notchy for my taste.
 Post Reply Post Reply