The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Do It Yourself Guides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Fuel Pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote eddycooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Pump
    Posted: 04-Jun-2017 at 18:08
Has anyone figured out the part numbers of all three pumps? I've gone through the ETKA a few times and all I can find is the main pump and a "suction jet" pump. Maybe my ETKA is missing some pages or something.

Main Tank Pump: 3B7906087B
Suction Jet Pump: 4B0201865A
Third Pump: ???
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2017 at 00:41
3B7906092B
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Jun-2017 at 00:42
i was told by vw australia that the suction jet pump is replaced with a new fuel tank ????
GS535i View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote GS535i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jul-2017 at 15:12
Only of incidental interest, but my main fuel pump just died, so p/n 3BF 906 087 B is on order ( Rock Auto, a Spectra SP5050M).

It would have been nice had the pump died instantly .... but it was a slow, lingering death that stranded me twice: the first symptoms were a slight 'miss' - followed 15Km later by quitting completely; however, no codes thrown, either via OBD II or Vag-Com. When towed home, the car restarted the next day, still with a miss ( like a plug/coil pack with an intermittent connection. Regardless, that indicated that pump wiring and fuse were OK - relay??? or pump?? Also, I pulled the vac line to the fuel pump regulator, and it was dry ( ruptured diaphragm kills pressure, and leaks fuel into the vac line)

Replaced relay #409, still a miss ---- pulled pump head to check internal wiring, and all OK. Then ran straight 12V to the pump and ran it for 2 hours on recirculation, followed by reconnecting the harness and ran on idle & short drives for an hour .... ran well, so back on the road - until the pump absolutely quit 2 days later ( another tow home ;) )
Intermittent electrical gremlins are the worst .... and while the first instinct was a pump failure, there are so many other things to check out first - and all of them cost less than a $500 pump!
03 Variant W8 silver on black TIP
00 Variant white 1.8T 5sp
96 993 C4S midnight blue/cashmere
90 535i blk/blk 5sp
928 5sp
SeaHunt View Drop Down

Quote SeaHunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Jul-2017 at 06:55
Yes..mine took a little while to die..I replaced the pump and it was off running again :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12