Forum Home Forum Home > Traders Corner > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

W8 Unicorn wagon for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote long_w8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W8 Unicorn wagon for sale
    Posted: 29-Aug-2017 at 18:45
Hi all,

I am upgrading my W8 MT6 wagon. I'm buying another MT6 wagon, this one with a lot fewer miles on it.

My current car has been very reliable, and it runs and drives very well, but has ~195k miles on it and is beginning to show its age.

There's a lot that's good about the car, but it has a few issues. For example, I have a very small coolant leak I can't find. I smell coolant after I shut the car off, but see no drips or wet spots on the engine or under the car. The balance shaft belt should have been replaced some time ago. It's not broken, but it's overdue. The Madras wheels need help, or just to be replaced. The M8 screws that hold the two wheel pieces together are failing. There are a few other minor issues like this that will need attention, but nothing very serious.

I've done a lot of work to the car over the years, as we all have. For example, I've recently done the brakes (new rotors, calipers, etc) as well as a new parking brake cable. As is well-documented on this forum, I had cam adjuster problems around 80,000 miles ago but have had zero signs of trouble since a round of "shock treatment" and having a small piece of metal extracted from one of the solenoids.

Based on the mileage and need for some minor repairs, I figure the car's worth around $4,000. Please let me know if you're interested. I will attach some photos within the next few days.

'03 Variant MT6 Sport Package
'91 Mazda MX-5 "Miata", supercharged
 Post Reply Post Reply