The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

extended warranty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extended warranty
    Posted: 02-Jan-2018 at 03:56
The car is coming up on 100,000 soon and makes me begin to consider an extended warranty but I'd like to hear the opinion of people that are or were actual customers (what company did you use, how were claims, etc.). There's nothing on the car that I couldn't fix myself except the engine, specifically the internals of the engine and the timing chain(s). The car is in very good condition for it's age and a warranty would ease my worry about keeping it for a few more years.
Uberhare View Drop Down

Quote Uberhare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2018 at 23:27
Warranties are like buying insurance policies. Normally the insurance company wins or they wouldn't be in business! :)
04 Passat W8 Wagon,10 A3 TDI, 05 Passat TDI Wagon (6spd M/T), 93 Corrado VR6
89 VW LT31 Florida, 89 Vanagon Whitestar, 67 Beetle Limo, 64 PA28-140
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2018 at 05:45
I have Allstate full coverage and they've never denied me anything in the past.
orangeokie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote orangeokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Mar-2018 at 04:33
Do they sell affordable warranties for W8s with 100K miles. What do you think might go wrong?
Superman View Drop Down

Quote Superman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Mar-2018 at 06:29
I didn't have any problem with offers to cover my car and it had 95,000 at the time. They wanted, in 3 years of payments, about $4,500 for 4 years of coverage. I didn't buy it. The only thing that worries me on this car is the very complicated timing chain that would cost more than the value of the car to repair.
orangeokie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote orangeokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Mar-2018 at 04:25
What is the recommended mileage to replace it?
 Post Reply Post Reply