The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Off-Topic Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedPassat coupe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passat coupe
    Posted: 16-Apr-2008 at 14:47
VW does a lot of things I don't think are good ideas (at least for the north american market). I read today VWNA wants a 7 seater SUV (based on the Passat platform)... seems so late to game again the "why bother" is appropriate. Haven't they noticed sales of large SUV's have been declining? Then there is the Chrysler van re-badged as a VW to be coming out sometime soon. I think a "New Microbus" in the spirit of the New Beatle would be a better idea than both of these vehicles.
VW has some great cars that are not offered in north america - why not bring them over? Close the plant in Mexico, open a plant in the south east US and pump out reliable VW's... am I missing something?

Edited by rustybronco - 16-Apr-2008 at 20:48
sptsdn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sptsdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2008 at 17:00
I couldn't agree more. How many 7-passenger SUVs does VW expect to sell a year? Do they really need 3 different sized SUVs? I don't think so.

As far as the minivan is concerned, while I'm getting a bit tired of the retro fad, a retro micro bus would make much more sense than some rebadged Caravan. Offer something unique that no other manufacturer is offering.

I was at my son's pediatrician yesterday and he said he had just bought a 4-door GTI. I had mentioned I wish they sold the 4-door R32 here and I think I saw him die a little inside. He didn't know they even made the R32 in 4-doors and if they sold them here, I'm sure he would have gotten that instead. But in reality, VW is really no different than any other European brand; we just don't get the best selection from them here in the US.

Edited by sptsdn - 16-Apr-2008 at 23:00
- Craig
2004 W8 Variant, 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero, and 1978 Alfa Romeo Sport Sedan
VWAffe View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote VWAffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Apr-2008 at 18:11
If VW brought out a true successor to the microbus, we'd be sorely tempted to pick one up, first year issues or no.
'03 W8 Sedan 6MT     ..."it goes to 11!"
'02 V6 Wagon 4Mo 5MT (Swap In Work)     ...both black on black w/ limo tint
'14 JSW TDI 6MT
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Apr-2008 at 11:20
Several CC technologies/features won't be in the US version (seems pair fo the course ) due to fear of litigation.
Story: http://blogs.motortrend.com/6242213/technology/litigation-assist-why-we-wont-be-getting-vws-lane-assist/index.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12