Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

EPC light...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote lyrinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EPC light...
    Posted: 20-Jan-2008 at 18:12
Hello everyone,

First of all, this is my first post here. I'm from Poland and I just bought VW W8. (Please forgive me my bad English)

I read about all those problems with cam adjusters and I had a little thing which is bugging me know.

Day after I bought VW, I went for little ride, I was driving on low RPMs and finally I though it's time for little acceleration... I've been driving about 30-40 mph and then I've started braking quite hard before stop sign and just before car totally stopped I pressed the acceleration "kick down" but instead of acceleration I got EPC and ESP (triangle) lights on, plus limp mode as I remeber I didn't have CEL. Next thing I did was restart the engine and everything back to norm, no more warning lights and limp mode. After week everything is still working fine and I heaven't got this thing again. Do you think that may be the Cam Adjusters issue or maybe something else? Please help. Thanks.

My baby:
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2008 at 18:23
Welcome - that's a beautiful car!
Mine's a 2003 Blue Spirit w/ Black interior and 16" Atlanta rims.
Do you know if the brake switch recall has been done on your car?
Call the dealer with your VIN and they can check - if it hasn't been done, it's free as it is a safety issue.

*Cam chain tensioner is a whole different set of symptoms - rough idle, CEL will come on, valve train clatter, etc.

Edited by BlueSteW8 - 21-Jan-2008 at 00:49
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2008 at 19:50
Welcome to the site! She's a beauty!

I notice you have condensation in both of your headlights...any plans to replace? I have condensation in just my passenger side.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
lyrinx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote lyrinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2008 at 21:14
Do you know if the brake switch recall has been done on your car?

Yes, it has been done already, so it's not an issue in my case.

*Cam chain tensioner is a whole different set of symptoms - rough idle, CEL will come on, valve train clatter, etc.

I hope it's not, thanks for information.

I notice you have condensation in both of your headlights...any plans to replace? I have condensation in just my passenger side.

The picture has been taken just after carwash and the temperature was about 4F so maybe that's why.
 Post Reply Post Reply