Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

I have AVIC-D3 installed too

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I have AVIC-D3 installed too
    Posted: 11-Feb-2008 at 20:18
I posted the same one in PW, but here it is again

This weekend finally I did it
I got some problems but it's all good now, since I never touch wires behind the HU before it took me Saturday and Sunday to do it, but I took my time and installed the HU, XM adapter, Bluetooth, some PAC Audio adapters to retain the steering wheel control.

Special thanks to Quality_Sound and brauhaus313 with their support back and forth by PM    , without you guys I may be already fried that thing .

Here are some shots:

"The extra cost" of my install :

Yes I drilled it and forced it out, since I couldn't do it using the hanger folder, took it to the stealership and they still cannot remove it, so got to do what I got to do to keep me going!
Vincere View Drop Down

Quote Vincere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 12:06
Looks good. I put a single din Kenwood head unit in my car, but the double din looks a lot better.
2003 W8 Tip Wagon
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 15:28
Do you have full FIS and steering wheel controls?

Looks very neat and clean. Nice work!!!!!
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 19:39
would you mind giving part numbers for everything.

I have been wanting to do this for awhile, but was unsure about the steering wheel controls (and I need some $$ first)

it looks awesome BTW.   did you keep the stock speakers ect.   how does it sound?
reffry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote reffry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Feb-2008 at 21:11
Hi, I think its a lot of fun and adds to the car. My best buy had to have the snap on truck drop off the tool to get the old radio out. Do you think the night driving display is a little to bright? I do, so I use the hide mode when driving to work in the dark, plus if a favorite pops up it is more noticeable. I dont have the wheel controls, just the remote but that fits in pretty good for the passanger who might be laying back. Any problem with the Fm signal strengh ? I added the power lead and it sounds good all over the dial now.

Edited by reffry - 13-Feb-2008 at 03:14
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2008 at 01:37
Originally posted by B5crazy

Do you have full FIS and steering wheel controls?

Looks very neat and clean. Nice work!!!!!

Thanks, yes all buttons on the steering wheel work because of the PAC adapters (SWI-CAN and SWI-PS)
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2008 at 01:39
Originally posted by reffry

Hi, I think its a lot of fun and adds to the car. My best buy had to have the snap on truck drop off the tool to get the old radio out. Do you think the night driving display is a little to bright? I do, so I use the hide mode when driving to work in the dark, plus if a favorite pops up it is more noticeable. I dont have the wheel controls, just the remote but that fits in pretty good for the passanger who might be laying back. Any problem with the Fm signal strengh ? I added the power lead and it sounds good all over the dial now.

Mine is self dim when I turn on the switch lights (city or headlights), so it's kinda cool I think.
No FM signal problem at all
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-Feb-2008 at 02:27
Yes I keep OEM speakers and they sound MUCH better after I installed it.

Here's what you need:

Must buy:

-Pioneer AVIC-D3
-Pioneer ADT-VA133 (DoubleDin bracket kit)
-PAC C2R-VW adapter (to connect the Pioneer to the OEM socket without having to slice OEM wires makes installation much faster)
-Metra 40-EU55 antenna adapter

Optional:

-PAC SWI-CAN & PAC SWI-PS adapters (you need both of these if you want to retain steering wheel controls)
-Pioneer CD-I200 (iPod adapter)
-Pioneer CD-BTB200 (Bluetooth adapter)
-Pioneer GEX-P920XM (XM adapter-for Sirius is different, please check Pioneer website for the part#)
-Pioneer CD-R55 (remote control)
-Pioneer ND-BC2 or ND-BC20PA (rear view camera)

___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Feb-2008 at 20:17
Your speedo only goes to 180mph? Hmmmm.......

Lookin' good!

Mike
"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

jeffsu350 View Drop Down

Quote jeffsu350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Mar-2008 at 21:27
one more question ... are you still using the stock monsoon amp?

I just want to make sure I know what I am getting myself into if I buy one of these.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>