The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Electronics > VAG-COM
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: VAG-COM Label File for W8 Engine Controller (BDP)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

VAG-COM Label File for W8 Engine Controller (BDP)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Super Poster
Super Poster

Online Status: Offline
  Quote VWAffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VAG-COM Label File for W8 Engine Controller (BDP)
    Posted: 13-Feb-2008 at 23:57
I went out earlier for a drive and was scrolling through the ECU measuring blocks (while stopped!), and was wishing that some of the labels were defined better so I knew EXACTLY which sensor values I was looking at.

When I got home, I started digging around at Ross-Tech, and found the motherlode. Gearheads rejoice! Good ol' Sebastian has already done the work for us! A complete label file exists for the BDP ECU (BDP is the US version - Europe has the BDN) and is ready for download here at Ross-Tech's site.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, an intro to label files is on this page here at Ross-Tech. You'll need version 405.0 or newer... which most of us have unless you're still using rocks and sticks for your interface.

Pay attention, though... the file above does not stand alone. You'll need at least one additional file to support the redirection function that calls this label file. It'd be easiest to download the latest .rar archive of all the label files and extract them to the appropriate directory. Best to read the info page on labels to get the install instructions for yourself...

I can't be more thankful to Sebastian (and any anonymous donors in the gearhead community) for having this ready for the BDP W8's. To think, I was considering making my own!

Edit: I just realized that this may not be news to those of you with newer versions than 409.1... I guess my legacy version didn't include the updated files, which are supposed to be downloaded and installed with the software. To me, 409.1 is new and flashy, since I just graduated last year or so from my original ISO-COM to a modern serial cable bought on eBay, which was necessary to use VDS-Pro for controller mods. That upgrade let me move to a newer version of VAG-COM, too!

Edited by VWAffe - 14-Feb-2008 at 06:15
'03 W8 Sedan 6MT     ..."it goes to 11!"
'02 V6 Wagon 4Mo 5MT (Swap In Work)     ...both black on black w/ limo tint
'14 JSW TDI 6MT
fitzski View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote fitzski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2008 at 08:44
What exactly are you watching for, Nate? I really haven't played too much with VAG-COM... just the "easy" programming things (locks, beeps, etc). I should learn how to use it more.
2003 Passat W8 Variant
(Pacific Blue, Tan, 6sp)
VWAffe View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote VWAffe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-Feb-2008 at 11:18
I'm going to post in a minute over in the thread I started about my F265 problem... it'll be clear then. ;)

BTW, I'm having issues getting the current labels to work with my install - "redirection error". Probably a n00b config mistake, I hope.
'03 W8 Sedan 6MT     ..."it goes to 11!"
'02 V6 Wagon 4Mo 5MT (Swap In Work)     ...both black on black w/ limo tint
'14 JSW TDI 6MT
 Post Reply Post Reply