Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

DAMMIT!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Online Status: Offline
  Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DAMMIT!!!
    Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 14:37
For crying out loud!!!

Once again there seem to be problems with the e-mail functionality.

Only this time, it's due to some problems on the server. Apparently the forum cannot deliver the e-mails to the server that distributes them

I have no idea why this is and how long it's gonna take to fix, since it's a provider-issue and out of my hands...

I've disabled e-mail notification until further, so you don't get all sorts of error-messages.

Unfortunatly - once again - until this is corrected, new members won't be able to sign up...

If someone needs to be signed up in a hurry, please create a profile, and e-mail me on w8 (at) spinner (dit) dk and I'll activate you account manually...

Sorry for the inconvenience ...
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 15:07
BTW, I tried to send a pm the other day and it didn't work. I got a "denied" response.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 15:28
Yeah, I know about that one..

Apparently they removed this functionality when I upgraded the forum software.

PM functionality is now only available for licensed users ... (which I am not).
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-Feb-2008 at 19:58
Originally posted by spinner

PM functionality is now only available for licensed users ... (which I am not).

Dammit x2!
spinner View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 04:35
Yeah, I know ... It's not new though :)

Forum update post

Anyways, I've worked a little with the idea of a shoutbox, and I actually don't think that would be a lot of work.

However it would require that I purchase a license for the forum-software, in order to change the source code of the forum.

So there's a little work left for me to do before that. Since I'm not completely satisfied with the administration-part of this forum, I might look into exchanging it with another, instead of purchasing this.

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Feb-2008 at 19:50

Yeah, I know ... It's not new though :)

I know - and it sucks! The only viable option is to email members, but that's a hit and miss due to the fact a lot of people don't give it out in their profile.

Anyways, I've worked a little with the idea of a shoutbox, and I actually don't think that would be a lot of work.

Cool beans!!

However it would require that I purchase a license for the forum-software, in order to change the source code of the forum.

So there's a little work left for me to do before that. Since I'm not completely satisfied with the administration-part of this forum, I might look into exchanging it with another, instead of purchasing this.

So we might have another switch in the not-so distant future?
___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Feb-2008 at 01:44
x3!!

"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-Apr-2008 at 18:56
I have another suggestion. Two other forums I lurk on regularly have a 'mulit-quote' button, to which you can select more than one post to quote. Is this a possibility for us also? I'm having to copy and paste posts in order to quote more than two posts in my posts.

If this is unclear, let me know.
 Post Reply Post Reply