The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Availability of OEM parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote flitza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Availability of OEM parts
    Posted: 24-Feb-2008 at 11:28
All in all I am happy with my W8 and I wondered how long parts are going to be available for our precious machinery.
Since the engine has been discontinued, will VW keep a good stock on hand so we will be able to get our cars repaired in ten years from now?
What is the general knowledge of this ,
ben View Drop Down

Quote ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2008 at 11:57
This is one thing the W8 owners shouldn't have worries (the price of parts is another issue):

<clip>
We ensure that the Genuine Parts for all Volkswagen vehicles are always available. Not just for a short period of time but for years to come: Parts to maintain vehicle operability can be obtained from us for up to 15 years once series production for a model has ended.

And that does not just apply to vehicles from our current model range. We even support the owners of older vehicles. We make sure that you can benefit from the qualities of our vehicles even long after series production has ended.
</clip>

The link.

++Ben
* W8 Variant -02 / 341000 kms
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2008 at 13:00
Very Good! I had not seen that.

I think it also helps that the W8 does share a lot of parts with other Passat models. (specifically the 4-motion)
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2008 at 13:38
I wouldn't worry too much about it. In general VW has been pretty good about keeping parts available.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2008 at 14:00
Originally posted by ben

This is one thing the W8 owners shouldn't have worries (the price of parts is another issue):

<clip>
We ensure that the Genuine Parts for all Volkswagen vehicles are always available. Not just for a short period of time but for years to come: Parts to maintain vehicle operability can be obtained from us for up to 15 years once series production for a model has ended.

And that does not just apply to vehicles from our current model range. We even support the owners of older vehicles. We make sure that you can benefit from the qualities of our vehicles even long after series production has ended.
</clip>

The link.

++Ben

Nice find!
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
flitza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote flitza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Feb-2008 at 16:29
Originally posted by ben

<clip>

</clip>

The link.

++Ben
Right you are,nice find and we should look for the best availabe price. Some after-market parts are much cheeper then the OEM parts ,however,we have to make sure that we are getting the same quality. VW wheel bearings are very expensive ,the after-market ones are half the price and are manufactured by the same company.
sW8iss View Drop Down

Quote sW8iss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2008 at 19:02
Happy to see that VW haven't forgotten us. Though, keep in mind, just because the parts will remain available, doesn't mean they're easy to find. I had to order two replacement hooks for my rear sunshade, and the dealer had to put in an order directly to the Wolfsburg factory! I'll have to wait 3 weeks (and I'm in Switzerland, just under Germany).
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Feb-2008 at 21:07
Those hooks were also used in all Passats (B5 & B5.5) with the rear window shade.
I wouldn't think they would be that hard to come by!
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
sW8iss View Drop Down

Quote sW8iss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2008 at 16:14
Yeah i agree...apparently the sunshade was only ordered by a handful of people in switzerland. my dealer wasn't even sure that sunshades existed in the swiss market. go figure...

If anyone knows something about how to install these clips, i wou8ld be grateful to know. i'm assuming i have to screw them into the ceiling, and i don't wanna mess that up.

-sW8iss-

<br
jtaylor42 View Drop Down

Quote jtaylor42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Feb-2008 at 16:36
Thats good to hear! Great post
 Post Reply Post Reply