The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

W8 may be P/ex'd !!??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Darrenm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: W8 may be P/ex'd !!??
    Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 12:55
Hi Guys,

Finally fixed the ongoing electrical nightmare-traced to a faulty connection with the passenger courtesy light on underside of door trim(Looks like my fault!! )

Looked at a 2006 3 dr R32 today-VW enthusiast garage owner offered £7kGBP in P/ex, R32 is 1 owner 11,000 mile, FVWSH-immacluate all round as new really   
Think I'm going to put a deposit on it tomorrow.....love my W8 but its over 6 years old now & more prone to expensive repairs ,the guy said its a credit to me, which made me smile-hes knows its a rare car and going to use it himself for a while as hes heard its a better drive than a Bently!!!

What you guys think?

Jan 2002 W8, Urban Gray
Trevorswaine View Drop Down

Quote Trevorswaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 13:16
Don't forget to tell the new owner about this forum
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 13:33
R32 is a cool car. Glad to hear you got the electrical fault worked out.
Darrenm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Darrenm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 15:52
Cheers guys I'll pass on the Forum website if I change-that electrical fault was the most annoying problem I've encountered with the W8-was my fault though!!
It will be a sad day if I hand the keys over....:(
Jan 2002 W8, Urban Gray
jtaylor42 View Drop Down

Quote jtaylor42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 18:40
R32's are very nice. Never driven one but they look sweet and I have heard some good things from owners.
R32Viper View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote R32Viper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Mar-2008 at 19:35
LOL 2006 R32? what lol maybee they have them on europe. In usa is only from 2002 to 04 and now 2008 to ------------. Nice I wanted to get one of them but like I say before don't want to make those big payments for a car I want to have some money left to spend.
Darrenm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Darrenm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Mar-2008 at 11:19
Paid deposit on R32 today after a good test drive-basically as new, spoke to previous(disabled) owner who had car via mobility!! changed for a new R32 after 2 years.......W8's going 27/03 :( only lost £500 in depreciation in a year though :)
Jan 2002 W8, Urban Gray
ben View Drop Down

Quote ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 04:17
Congrats for your new car! That's another rare high end VW - besides the dealer's shop, I think I've only seen it once or twice in action. Any chance of seeings some pics?!     
* W8 Variant -02 / 341000 kms
Darrenm View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Darrenm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Mar-2008 at 05:35
I'll get some sorted when I pick it up-got pics of the W8 but unable to post(tried numerous times!) could anyone PM me and post on my behalf? :)

I'll post them ASAP, my W8's not been seen yet....
Jan 2002 W8, Urban Gray
 Post Reply Post Reply