The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Off-Topic Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedPost your hobby/interest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Trevorswaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post your hobby/interest
    Posted: 24-Mar-2008 at 05:47
Anyone got any good hobbies/interests?

Mine is music (classical that is) in particular choral - I belong to a couple of choirs that sing at cathedrals when the regular cathedral choir is on holiday. Hereford next weekend and Llandaff 2 weeks after that.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2008 at 08:03
Video games, mostly. I'm into the older stuff -- I have a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, and my gf just gave me a DS Lite for my birthday. I know, I'm a geek!

I'm also into my music. I love classic rock, hard rock and heavy metal. Hip hop is okay but it gets old.

I'm very active with my local club Projekt German.   
jtaylor42 View Drop Down

Quote jtaylor42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Mar-2008 at 13:27
Anything active. Snowboarding, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Hiking, River Rafting, etc.

Also enjoy the Halo games

Oh, and I guess it goes w/o saying I love working on cars
t0kie View Drop Down

Quote t0kie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 12:43
I'm into sports related, watch them a lot (TV and going to ball game), play some and collect some memorabilia too. I love driving and listen to music (classic rock, 80's, hip hop, slow, classical instrument, basically I listen almost all of them).
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 13:09
Mostly mountain biking (recently got a new Gary Fisher ) and going to the gym. Some hiking and camping. Usually raft one or two rivers a year, did the Gauley this past fall. On my wish list to raft are the Cheat, Chattooga (yes, that is the one Deliverance was filmed on ) and the Yough. I'd like to get into kayaking - though I've been saying that for years. Used to do some backpacking and climbing, but not anymore.

And of course cars. Looking forward to being done w/ grad school and getting a garage of my own. My dream is to get an old FJ40 Land Cruiser and restore it.

Lately I've been reading Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe series - it's pretty good, I recommend if you like historical fiction.
workingcat2 View Drop Down

Quote workingcat2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 15:15
Mountain bike & road bike racing. I'm addicted, what can I say. My garage is a mess of car parts & bicycles. 13 bikes out there right now........
2003 W8 Variant 6MT Urban Metallic Grey
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Mar-2008 at 15:35
I'm into road biking too, but only have three...

Also into inline skating, playing bass guitar in a band, going on date nights with my wife and love raising my two sons (3.5 yrs and 2 months). Of course, I love European cars including my W8!
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
Trevorswaine View Drop Down

Quote Trevorswaine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2008 at 13:52
nice one Squish. My 2 sons used to play inline hockey (for those that don't know it's very like ice hockey but on inline skates). My older one now plays ice hockey - it's like the T-shirt says 'Boys play football, men play rugby, but animals play hockey'. Football here means soccer I should add.

Don't forget cricket - the best sport ever.
JMCXTY View Drop Down

Quote JMCXTY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2008 at 16:26
Kite surfing, off road motor bikes and skiing. I'm Lucky I can ride my trail bike out my gate to about 3hrs of off road tracks in forestry. I live about 1.5hrs from 5 different ski fields and about 0.5hr from the coast. Our climate means for three months of the year you can go skiing in the morning and windsurfing/ kitsurfing in the afternoon. There are some plus's about living on a Island as opposed to a continent.
Jamie

black 2002 W8 variant tip with sports pack
jtaylor42 View Drop Down

Quote jtaylor42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Mar-2008 at 17:18
Lots of bike riders! Nice to see. There is some great mtn bike territory in NM and Southern CO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>