The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Do It Yourself Guides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

the head lights

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote scottbob0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the head lights
    Posted: 25-Dec-2006 at 19:26
tools needed t20 t25 "Duse" style or large flat head screwdriver 10 mm wrench/socket.

the   shroud around the coolant open the hood and remove the two flat rubber pads, under the right hand side will be a t20 screw and two small clips on under the shroud near the fire wall .     when replacing that attach the right one in back first to a line it, the left will fall in place

turn wheels to access 3 t20 screws two are for the wheel shroud one is for the bumper to the fender. repeat on both sides.

also under the sides near the wheels are the side mounts make sure to put them back before you put any screws in the bumper

four more t25 bolts under the front grill, after removal the front bumper will pull off.    be careful of the two signal lights right and left, if you wish just pull the rubber connectors off, you can leave them if you don't want take it off compleatly.

five more t25 bolts for bumper shroud mount. note that during reassembly you will need to position this part as it was before if not you will have smaller or larger body lines than before the "bumper to hood lines"
that little guy is what makes the whole light lock in place.

finally the lights four screws t20 . when reinstalling make sure you a line the lights correctly .. the lower two are longer.

remove the connector and the light slides out.   

removing the bulbs is not hard just use a t20 to take off the cap and the metal retainer clip, rotate the bulb counter clock wise, bulb fixtures seem to be position sensitive. DON'T TURN THE LITTLE WHITE GEARS!! this adjusts the lights position in the housing.
ttp://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9537/bentlycutoutib2.th.jpg" />

the bulbs hid d2S i think O.E.M. is the 4200k you can get hotter bulbs.. hotter = more blue           you can find them for cheaper than this site.. parts+ had them for 75 bucks each.       http://www.xenondepot.com/category.php?category_id=9
the signal lamp m5 / m7 12v, 21w     
high beam headlamp m30 / m32   bulb h7 12v 55w

Edited by scottbob0 - 08-May-2010 at 00:47
W8 6speed 03 Maus
scottbob0 View Drop Down

Quote scottbob0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Dec-2006 at 19:29
and if you guys have any questions i would be happy to help.
W8 6speed 03 Maus
squish View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote squish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Dec-2006 at 20:03
what kind of heat shield is that next to your k&n air filter?
2005 V70 R
2007 2.0T 6MT
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Dec-2006 at 15:48
For sure - give us the "skinny" on that K&N set up!
P/N for filter, other pieces parts, etc.
Your fellow W8ers would appreciate it.
I've been thinking of several things, but it looks like you already have a viable method worked out.
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-Dec-2006 at 11:00
Actually, I think I just need the P/N for the filter.
The rest I've figured out, I think.
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 01:27
Fuggin sweet write-up mang!!!!
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 15:22
Nice write-up but I'm really pissed that it takes that much work just to replace a capsule. I had OEM HIDs in my '99 B5 and replacement was much simpler. So much for progress.

Edited by B5crazy - 02-Jan-2007 at 21:23
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
scottbob0 View Drop Down

Quote scottbob0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Jan-2007 at 18:56
at least no one can jack our lights... which if you had to get new ones..... you are lookin at like almost a G..
W8 6speed 03 Maus
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 00:57
Originally posted by B5crazy

Nice write-up but I'm really pissed that it takes that much work just to replace a capsule. I had OEM HIDs in my '99 B5 and replacement was much simpler. So much for progress.

Werd...I laughed when someone told me that I needed to take off the grille and bumper in order to replace the headlights. Then I found out they were right. What a dumb setup!!
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jan-2007 at 16:24
Do any of you have people flashing their headlights at you all the time. I had OEM HIDs on my B5 and very rarely did I get flashed. Now just about every night going home I get 1 or 2 flashes. I'm starting to believe that my lights are aligned too high. I was wondering if removing the 173 relay and adding a euroswitch would cause this problem. I know that this mod does effect the auto height adjusters for the lights somewhat as they only move when you first start the car.

Anyone else?
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>