Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Mechanics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

P0011 code talk/advice thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 28>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote straightw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P0011 code talk/advice thread
    Posted: 27-Jul-2008 at 15:17
yes they replaced bank 2 but it failed just after I got the car back. Now they're telling me its the hydraulic gears that are feeding the adjusters the oil. When i had it in the first time, they told me those gears looked ok.

now, if the remedy for the original P0011 code was to "remove and replace cam adjuster" then Logic serves to stand that when the P0012 code occurs, the the other adjuster must be replaced. (even if they just did it...)
straightw8 View Drop Down

Quote straightw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-Jul-2008 at 15:19
then, after they replace #2 again, if it fails again, then we'll know for sure that it's the hydraulic gears. By that time i'll have an extended warranty...
black4motion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote black4motion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2008 at 12:54
Allegedly, mine's been back together for a week, but they won't release the car because they can't clear the codes. What is really wrong is anybody's guess. If we go to suit against VWOA I'll post the details so you can have your attorneys jump on board. In the mean time, the more owners that call them, the better. It still seems like a car that should be recalled and fixed at their expense.
2004 DÖÜBLE Ü8 6-speed
alaskadub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote alaskadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-Jul-2008 at 18:31
OOPS! My bad! We Fu#$ed up your car - again!
Sounds like their problem to me StaightW8. Don't accept anything less than they fix it all and provide you with a good loaner while its down. Oh yeah, and send them a couple of signs (the stupid people ones) for themselves and the engineers. Geesh. Last thought - I keep getting settlement and class action notices from other VW problems. One of those lawyers would be happy to jump on the cam adjuster issue, wouldn't you think. For now Sea Foam has saved the day for me but I'm very, very, nervous in the service.

Edited by alaskadub - 01-Aug-2008 at 00:33
a3dwhale View Drop Down

Quote a3dwhale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Aug-2008 at 18:57
I see mention "Sea Foam" numerous times with regard to resolving the cam adjuster symptoms. What is sea foam and what does it perform? I too have had the unfortunate 4 week shop experience to correct the cam adjuster. Fortunately I was under warrantee and they replaced both sides. I thought I was home free from future cam adjuster problems. One month later I experienced similar symptoms and it was back in the shop for another two weeks while they and VW Rep tried to analyze the problem. Even though the symptoms i.e., missing, rough idle, cruising hesistation led one to suspect clogged cam adjuster filters again, it was not. This time it was the (ECM) Engine Control Module that had to be ordered from the homeland! Last week the MIL light illuminated! This time it was one week in the shop for a (MAF)Mass Air Flow sensor and thermostat. It is a good thing I took the advise of someone on this website and purchased an extended warrantee as the latest would have cost me $1700. If you haven't already done so, get an extended warrantee. My car is a 2003 W8 Variant out of warrantee.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-Aug-2008 at 23:57
Originally posted by a3dwhale

I see mention "Sea Foam" numerous times with regard to resolving the cam adjuster symptoms. What is sea foam and what does it perform?

These links should help you.

http://www.w8forum.dk/forum_posts.asp?TID=882

http://www.w8forum.dk/forum_posts.asp?TID=933

Edited by SirRangeALot - 06-Aug-2008 at 05:58
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.

Quote straightw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 21:26
I don't know where people are finding warranties that are paying for these (mainly cam adjuster) problems. The ones I found have an engine component coverage limit of $3000-3500 ( which is nowhere near the cost) and I've found none that cover a thermostat...

Am I not looking in the right places?

5star, WarrantyDirect, AAA, Continental... none of these suffice.

Any suggestions?
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 21:28
Originally posted by straightw8

Any suggestions?

I have mine through MBPI.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.

Quote straightw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 21:35
the "premium care" plan?

Quote straightw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-Aug-2008 at 21:57
how do you purchase it? it looks like it's only available thru dealers..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 28>