Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Mechanics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Forum LockedP0011 code talk/advice thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 28>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Blu_W8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P0011 code talk/advice thread
    Posted: 01-Oct-2008 at 10:28
Thanks for the replies, but excuse my ignorance, what are IM people?
Artisan View Drop Down

Quote Artisan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2008 at 11:02
Oh yes, VW of America says they don't know of any recurring problems of this nature on this engine and Ostriches stick their heads in the sand to hide from predators. The other re-curring problem is the transmission or at least the torque converter. Mine went at 71K and luckily because it was certified pre-owned with a warranty that expired at 75K they took care of it. At first they said it needed a whole new transmission, then upon realizing that it was still under warranty, just a new torque converter would do the job. Interesting Huh? The tranny on these is the same essentially as the 4 and 6 cyl Passats. But the engine is a good deal more powerful and this does not necessarily make a well coupled power train. The early Subaru WRX's have this same issue. Double the power of the output and mate it to a tranny designed to work with a lot less power (the base Impreza) and you are going to have problems.
Another W8 owner being cammed or conned by VW
straightw8 View Drop Down

Quote straightw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2008 at 16:54
I wrote a letter to CEO Stephan Jacoby and got a response from a customer "care" rep today. She apologized, and said that my concerns would be "Noted", but that a campaign would not be forthcoming at this point.

I would urge EVERYONE to call in to VW customer care and voice their concerns. You need to be specific on which part failed, and which code you got. They will take the information down. Tell them you would like a Customer Care number as well, they begin with an "80...". They claim that they are not aware of any impending problem with the W8, but that's BS. Let's let them know about our problems.

The phone number is 800-822-8987. I spoke with a rep. by the name of Katie Fox. We need to channel our complaints in order to irk them enough to do something.
straightw8 View Drop Down

Quote straightw8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2008 at 17:11
I posted this in the list of affected thread, but I think it's worth posting here as well...

I wrote a letter to CEO Stephan Jacoby and got a response from a customer "care" rep today. She apologized, and said that my concerns would be "Noted", but that a campaign would not be forthcoming at this point.

I would urge EVERYONE to call in to VW customer care and voice their concerns. You need to be specific on which part failed, and which code you got. They will take the information down. Tell them you would like a Customer Care number as well, they begin with an "80...". They claim that they are not aware of any impending problem with the W8, but that's BS. Let's let them know about our problems.

The phone number is 800-822-8987. I spoke with a rep. by the name of Katie Fox. We need to channel our complaints in order to irk them enough to do something.

Be cordial and polite, but insist that your problem is noted and that you'd like a campaign initiated.

Edited by straightw8 - 01-Oct-2008 at 23:14
alaskadub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote alaskadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2008 at 17:19
IM people >> The jerks that charge 65 bucks to hook up a hose to your car and see if it is puking exessive carbon monoxide. In Alaska this could be any service station or even quicky lube. Go to them, tell them you need the number for the regulatory folks that monitor the program. Call them, wait a day for a call back (its the government after all), then tell them the story and they will help you or pass you on to someone who will. In Alaska's case I got the number to those folks but the answer was, unfortunately, sorry - we hold you as the customer to the standard, but not VW. In caliifornia it is different, as per the writing in your warranty. Good luck.
Blu_W8 View Drop Down

Quote Blu_W8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2008 at 19:33
Thanks for the info alaskadub, it is much appreciated.
alaskadub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote alaskadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2008 at 19:54
http://www.hilite.com/fileadmin/Pictures/News/Brochures/nwv_0507_1_en.pdf

Looks like Hilite may have been the guys that designed/supllied the cam adjuster for our cars. They don't list the W8 specifically, but brag about the W12 and W16. Check out page 8. does this look like the design / screen issue that we are having? I have a cll into Hilite. We'll see if they call back and can explain if an improved design really was created and why.
alaskadub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote alaskadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2008 at 19:58

Bingo - They're the one's that built it. Look at motor in lower left corner
alaskadub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote alaskadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2008 at 19:59
http://www.hilite.com/products/engine/archive/2005/june/article/29-internationale-wiener-motorensymposium.html
Blu_W8 View Drop Down

Quote Blu_W8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Oct-2008 at 23:03
Did you mean this one in the lower right hand corner?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 28>