Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Mechanics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

P0011 code talk/advice thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P0011 code talk/advice thread
    Posted: 16-Jan-2008 at 23:04
Actually Stew, once I had my oil changed, the CEL went off by itself. Just food for thought.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-Jan-2008 at 01:48
Jeremy, I also had the valve train rattle in addition to the rough idle and CEL.
I got an extended warranty for exactly this type of thing, and I intend to use it.
It is good to hear that your W8 is running good.
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2008 at 02:14
Originally posted by BlueSteW8

Jeremy, I also had the valve train rattle in addition to the rough idle and CEL.
I got an extended warranty for exactly this type of thing, and I intend to use it.
It is good to hear that your W8 is running good.

Yeah, I'm a happy man. I hope it continues to run well. I saw a ray of hope...I ran into a W8 on eBay with over 130k on it, so there is some hope for us after all!

I hope everything works out for you and you get to enjoy your 8 as it is to be intended...I need to look into another warranty, as mine expires in October of this year.

Good luck!
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2008 at 14:38
Once that is taken care of (P0011) I am confident of many years of trouble free, and worry free, motoring.
Blue Spirit/ Black
ben View Drop Down

Quote ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-Jan-2008 at 16:06
Hey BlueSteW8, how about if you asked the dealer to replace the O2 sensors at the same time when they do the tensioners? Dunno how expensive they are but I've been told that replacing them requires removing the engine as well...

Just an idea...
* W8 Variant -02 / 341000 kms
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2008 at 12:03
Update:
The W8 has been running fine since last Wednesday morning (CEL still on).
I talked to my SA this morning, and he said that basically the warranty company will NOT pay to replace the tensioners at this time since it has a normal idle once again.
In the future he recommends bringing it in as soon as it happens.
The warranty company almost always sends someone out for that type of major expense before authorization.
They like to see, hear, and feel the problem before coughing up that kind of cabbage.
So, they will pull the code(s) clear the CEL, and do my brake switch recall while I wait.
Westside VW is still using Mobil1 0W-40 for W8 oil changes, by the way.
At one time they used Pentosin - I think Schmelz's VW still does use Pentosin.

Edited by BlueSteW8 - 22-Jan-2008 at 18:07
Blue Spirit/ Black
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Jan-2008 at 19:12

In the future he recommends bringing it in as soon as it happens. The warranty company almost always sends someone out for that type of major expense before authorization. They like to see, hear, and feel the problem before coughing up that kind of cabbage.

Well hopefully this is the last time you have to experience this. My car has been running fine since my P0021 incident, knock on wood. I'm praying for many, many carefree miles from the dub8!
Stymie View Drop Down

Quote Stymie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2008 at 00:00

...I think Schmelz's VW still does use Pentosin.

They do indeed, I have 9.5 liters of fresh Pentosin 5W-40 flowing smoothly through all eight cylinders. I have had no sign of cam tensioner trouble, and I am very grateful for that.
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Jan-2008 at 13:57
Update as of January 24, 2008:
In addition to the P0011 code I knew about, Westside VW pulled a bunch more - cam positioner sensor signal inplausible; multiple misfires on cylinders 1,2,3 & 4, reduced power (I'm guessing limp mode?), etc.
Goes back in February 4, 2008 to have the motor pulled for inspection by warranty rep to authorize repair(s).
Another W8 is ahead of mine for the engine stand - they had a Silverstone Grey wagon on the hoist torn down while I was there.
The N4 Brake Light Switch got done today, too.
A sad day, but at least they didn't gig me for any money to pull the codes.
Blue Spirit/ Black
BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-Feb-2008 at 13:25
Update 2/04/2008:

I dropped off my W8 at Westside VW this morning for the 4-5 day scheduled cam adjuster replacement routine.
I was given as a loaner (yes, a loaner!) a 2007 2.0T Passat Wagon.
Black with Tan interior, sunroof and alloy wheels, but little else.
At least all I have to pay for is the gas I use.

Many thanks to Tim (Stymie, that is)for moral support, carrying the car seat, walking the lot, and springing for Caribou Coffee.
A true comrade if ever there was one!

*updated 2/05/2008 - car is sitting as the only "engine table" they have is being used for a toe-rag. I won't know anything until tomorrow, at the earliest. I'm sure I won't get her back on Friday.

Edited by BlueSteW8 - 07-Feb-2008 at 17:05
Blue Spirit/ Black
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>