Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > The W8 Archive
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Koni or Bilstein? Suspension Reference Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote hambone6077 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Koni or Bilstein? Suspension Reference Thread
    Posted: 20-Jan-2012 at 07:14
I knew a ball bustin was coming, lol! I searched twice for H&R! But hell what do i know? I just wanted to know if H&R springs would be tolerable. And also what dampers to use. Thanks.
B5crazy View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote B5crazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2012 at 03:26
Why change your springs? Install Bilsteins and be done with it.
2004 W8 Variant 6MT Pacific Blue/Grey
1992 Cabriolet
2012 Golf R 4dr CW

http://mysite.verizon.net/b5crazy/
pdejong0 View Drop Down

Quote pdejong0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-Jan-2012 at 03:42
exactly right... 04 W8 6MT... that's what I did and I've never been happier... as provided to me by an expert (The Swami):

BE5-6513 (front) aka 24-065115 and BE5-6511 (Rear) aka 24-065139 are the correct setup for our W8's if you want to stiffen a lowered suspension (Sport). Now if you want to have a moderate level of comfort on both a lowered and non-lowered W8 (Heavy Duty), go with the following part numbers. BE5-6512 aka 24-065122 (front) and BE5-6509 aka 24-065092 (rear) can be used, and I highly recommend them for most North American drivers and road conditions.   
J.Gioia View Drop Down

Quote J.Gioia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-Jul-2012 at 04:10
Hey everyone, I'm asking what would be a good replacement for my shocks in my 03 W8, because after looking through the information I have from previous owners, they have never been changed. Im just looking for a good replacement for my sport shocks that will work well for everyday driving on anything from perfect surface to nebraska washboarded gravel.

Thanks, Joe.
SirRangeALot View Drop Down

Quote SirRangeALot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Dec-2013 at 18:50
So FYI I went to Shox.com where I bought the setup for my last W8. Granted it was 5 years ago, but they quoted me a price over $150 higher than the last time I ordered with them for the exact same suspension. $900 for a spring/shock setup when I can get a good set of coilovers for that. Eff that noise.
Get a wagon. Bitches love wagons.
KurtBCP View Drop Down

Quote KurtBCP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Jan-2015 at 19:25
Hello I've a quick question regarding the Bilstein B12 sports package the kit comes with the B12 shocks and H&R springs I deal with a company that is having a clearance sale at the moment and with my trade discount I can get this kit for under £500 questions are is that a good price ? And, Is this a good kit? as I just want a fit and forget kit to lower the car a little its a daily drive so I'm not bothered about coilovers but I don't want it too hard on the road .
KenBIII View Drop Down

Quote KenBIII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-Feb-2015 at 16:01
Well Sean (srdavis) swears by the ride of his BC Racing suspension as it keeps the ride quality basically the same. Note, you will be looking at $1,550 (£1,030) + shipping. I have talked with BC and they said that all their testing was done on an AT and they said that the extra rear axle weight of a wagon won't effect the ride. They suspect that you should be able to get within 1 inch of stock height and if you fancy you can drop them really low.
03 W8 AT "Sport" Variant
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345