The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

1999 - 2005 Passat Recall

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote gforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1999 - 2005 Passat Recall
    Posted: 20-Jun-2008 at 22:19
I got my notice too. But why would they need "all of the vehicle keys"?
2010 CC VR6 4Motion Black/Black
2003 W8 Tip Sedan Black/Black - Traded In
reffry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote reffry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-Jun-2008 at 09:57
I had mine done Friday they had it all day, but it was very busy there and I was glad it didn't have to stay all night. They dont need anything but your key.
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Jul-2008 at 21:57
Got mine done today - took them awhile, but they washed her so I was happy... just wish they had waxed!
The need the keys just in case they need to access the computer or something along those lines. (I asked the service manager, he said they had not needed them on any of the recalls they've done but this way they don't have to call you if they need the keys for any reason).

MikestroW8 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote MikestroW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2008 at 12:46
How much do they mess with the exhaust if at all?
2003 Black Tip W8 Sedan
rustybronco View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote rustybronco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-Jul-2008 at 14:43
All I know is they wait two hours for the car to cool before starting and they asked for a 1/4 tank of gas. On some models I think they have to drop the tank to make the inspection of the breather valves. I didn't think to ask which models (oops ). They schedule four hours for the shielding, air plenum modification, modification of the sunroof drains, and fuel system inspection. On the sunroof drains they remove the "pinched" part at the end of the drain hose. He said I might hear more wind noise - I didn't notice an increase, but I do think the engine is a little easier to hear (could be wishful imagination though)
If I had to guess I'd say they don't actually remove any exhaust components (I know... not much help). I'd say call and ask. Anyone else know?

Edited by rustybronco - 03-Jul-2008 at 20:44
Corwin View Drop Down

Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-Jul-2008 at 18:52
I had mine done last week while it was in for a new water pump pulley. They told me it was for a heat shield mount. I had a rattle under there at about 1,500 RPM and now it's gone, so...
irab View Drop Down

Quote irab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-Oct-2008 at 08:25
I got mines done in about 2 hours and the gave her a bath so I was pretty happy with the results
03W8 View Drop Down

Quote 03W8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-Jun-2012 at 09:36
Anyone have an active link on this? Looks like the link in the OP is broken/dead. Looking into buying a 2003 W8 and want to make sure all recalls have been done by previous owner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12