The W8 forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Problems, Tips and Tricks About the W8 > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shoutbox  Your message
You must log in to shout!

Sport Mode??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pgh W8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sport Mode??
    Posted: 22-Apr-2008 at 19:46
WaS at Apex Competition this afternoon to have them set my transmision into sport mode and there was some confusion. According to Vag-Com, my current transmission is set to 01102, do I want to set the 4th digit to a "1" or a "3"?

Also was going to have the GIAC ecu flash done at the same time. Is it worth the $595?

THANKS

BlueSteW8 View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote BlueSteW8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2008 at 20:46
Upsolute is a less expensive alternative to GIAC, though they have a much smaller dealer network in the US.
To me, yes it is worth it - I did the "pump", "race", and "stock" all at the same time and got the handheld flasher as well.
2003 W8 Tip Limousine - locked in sports mode
GIAC pump/stock/ race files
Blue Spirit/ Black
___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-Apr-2008 at 22:44
Welcome! Check out this link.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116118

Mike

Edited by ___/ __/ _/ - 23-Apr-2008 at 04:45
"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

Pgh W8 View Drop Down

Quote Pgh W8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-Apr-2008 at 05:42
Yes, I actually already had that link printed out when I went to the local place with the Vag-Com. They were unclear what to do, so I wanted to mae certain I knew what I was doing before we just changed it. Not sure if my fourth digit should now be a 1 or 3. Dealer said only digit possible was a 0 or 1, is that true?
___/ __/ _/ View Drop Down
Super Poster
Super Poster

Quote ___/ __/ _/ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-Apr-2008 at 00:30
I'll have to check my coding tomorrow. Let you know.

Mike
"I agree that the W8 is a great car--when it works... "
-dstathos-

^Pure Genius! Why didn't I write that?!?

Pgh W8 View Drop Down

Quote Pgh W8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2008 at 09:06
OK, I set it to 01112, but did not notice any difference. Anybody else have any ideas?
Vincere View Drop Down

Quote Vincere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-Apr-2008 at 09:43
That is what I changed mine to from 01102. That made part throttle downshifts much quicker instead of having to get the throttle near the floor before it would change. It also resulted in holding the lower gear longer at part throttle. To me it made my car much more responsive to the throttle at 35 to 55 mph.
2003 W8 Tip Wagon
 Post Reply Post Reply